Fiat Coupe Club UK

Good timing for breakdown!

Posted By: Anonymous

Good timing for breakdown! - 29/11/2020 16:54

On Friday I drove 120 miles for my dads funeral. As my Coupe used to be my dads I washed it nicely and was first car following the hearse. This morning I started my trip back up North and after 10 miles pulled over as the clutch felt a bit odd. I checked the fluid and all good. As I had a new clutch a year ago I thought I was imagining it. 80 miles later I pulled off the M1 but couldn’t change gear. Luckily the lights were with me so I could coast through the roundabout and was able to coast into a lay-by. Half hour later breakdown came to take me home. Tomorrow I will be phoning the folk who replaced the clutch to try and find what’s happened.

Thank goodness it didn’t happen Friday, or anywhere that is a ‘smart’ motorway bit of the M1!

Attached picture 70C96E7C-6B73-49C9-A136-50D796B66072.jpeg
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Good timing for breakdown! - 30/11/2020 08:50

Yes quite, I don't think there's anything smart about smart motorways, imo they're dangerous because inanimate objects like cars don't choose a place to breakdown, they just stop sometimes!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Good timing for breakdown! - 30/11/2020 09:48

Originally Posted by Merlin_Cat
On Friday I drove 120 miles for my dads funeral. As my Coupe used to be my dads I washed it nicely and was first car following the hearse. This morning I started my trip back up North and after 10 miles pulled over as the clutch felt a bit odd. I checked the fluid and all good. As I had a new clutch a year ago I thought I was imagining it. 80 miles later I pulled off the M1 but couldn’t change gear. Luckily the lights were with me so I could coast through the roundabout and was able to coast into a lay-by. Half hour later breakdown came to take me home. Tomorrow I will be phoning the folk who replaced the clutch to try and find what’s happened.

Thank goodness it didn’t happen Friday, or anywhere that is a ‘smart’ motorway bit of the M1!

Was it the slave cylinder?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK