Fiat Coupe Club UK

Best headlight combination

Posted By: Aus20vt

Best headlight combination - 19/12/2020 11:08

My lighting is not great for fast night driving. The reflectors are fine. I’m running +130 Phillips halogen high beam from Powerbulbs UK. What is a good headlight combo? LED + halogen dippers? What to use for the driving / fog lights? Do LED’s fit the high beam and fog? The handbook says fogs are H3. Powerbulbs says H1. Haven’t pulled them out. Which is correct?
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Best headlight combination - 19/12/2020 15:47

Hi there, check out the LED group buy thread in respect to headlamp bulbs, it may be the postage may be an issue. Fog lights are H1. Welcome to the Club smile
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Best headlight combination - 19/12/2020 19:06

Hi and welcome! Depending on local laws I'd be fitting hids for dipped and led for highs. Halogens are utter rubbish even with refurbed lights.

Can't have hid for high beams as they take a while to warn up so no good for flashing. ooo ooo

I also bought the led bulbs from the group buy, they were ok but nothing special, they cost a lot for what they were. Although they were 'E' marked meaning they had some sort of safety or legal accreditation (I think). With the speed that tech moves on, I'd be looking for something more modern, likely better and cheaper on your preferred website.

Re: Best headlight combination - 20/12/2020 11:13

As much as it hurts to say, the UK supplier is 60% less than local, with free postage. 🤨
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Best headlight combination - 20/12/2020 12:22

I have the LED bulbs fitted main and dip, I find them very good indeed. Driving back from Joes near Bristol to Inverness, I was flashed a few times as I left full beam on, never happened before with the candles that were fitted originally. Some dark roads and places up here, and flicking main beam the road ahead just lights up cool
Posted By: darthstinky

Re: Best headlight combination - 20/12/2020 22:13

Decided to try a set of the Osram Night Breaker Laser for my main beam.... the original candle are boarder line dangerous in my car! frown

DS

Re: Best headlight combination - 22/12/2020 10:37

Me too. Thanks. Understand completely. Drove around Loch Ness to Aberdeen in the pouring rain a couple of years ago. What a drive !!
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: Best headlight combination - 26/12/2020 11:48

Hey mate, did you import your coupe to the Gold Coast? The coupe is a rare beast here, but there are a handful of us coupe owners here in Queensland cool
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK