Fiat Coupe Club UK

LE0035

Posted By: Edinburgh

LE0035 - 02/01/2021 11:58

Whose was this - the number looks very familiar but the last owner (evans) recorded here purchased it in Nov 2014, and no updates since then.

A damaged example with apparently costly repairs involved but a shoddy ad with NO pics of the damage

LE0035
Posted By: PeteP

Re: LE0035 - 02/01/2021 13:27

It says damage repaired in the 1st line of the description.

In the past coupes used to get written off by insurance companies for damage as trivial as a wrecked bumper.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: LE0035 - 02/01/2021 14:25

Yes, the poor grammar put me off tbh Pete.

Also on the rhs it says

Not Cat C/D......................................................................................Advisory
Category C
The vehicle is repairable but the costs exceed the vehicle’s value. Can re-appear on road.

Category D
The vehicle is repairable but repair costs are significant compared to the vehicle value – including time delays to source parts. Can re-appear on road.

Which I found even more confusing.

The pictures too are not great quality and the general description is poor.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: LE0035 - 02/01/2021 15:09

That'll be why it's been on eBay for a long time...

That Cat C/D thing is standard eBay stuff for an accident-repaired vehicle, the V5 will declare which one it is (C or D)
Posted By: jaaps2

Re: LE0035 - 02/01/2021 18:32

One of the wings of the chair seems heavily damaged. I just repaired mine. Tip: repair the foam at the moment you discover it’s cracked. Then the leather isn’t damaged. On this LE it seems the leather part needs to be replaced.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK