Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coops on Ebay

Posted By: respace

Coops on Ebay - 17/03/2021 16:48

Don't know it it's the spring weather but suddenly the number of coops for sale has really taken off. A wide selection including all models except a Plus, lots of projects as well for the brave. A LE has appeared needing some work which could be of interest to someone on here.
Nothing to do with me!
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Coops on Ebay - 17/03/2021 18:21

The LE is going to need a replacement front cross member, bumper and bonnet, not a cheap repair factoring paint.
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Coops on Ebay - 17/03/2021 19:20

I noticed the same, been a couple of months with barely anything but the jet ski coupe on eBay, I think that disappeared for a while too?

Double whammy of spring weather plus lockdown looking like it's easing.

Re: Coops on Ebay - 17/03/2021 21:56

Yeah the jetskis been there for years, before I bought mine which is over 2yrs ago, crap advert with no details, even that went for a while. Sad to say it doesn't look too bad in the advert but no effort to sell it.. Much more interesting stuff there now though, even as Joe says they might cost a bit to get right.
How are you doing with yours? I put a (welsh) word in for it a while ago! But I think he wanted a n/a. I might have to sell mine if/when the wife starts speaking to me again after the Brera incident!
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Coops on Ebay - 17/03/2021 22:49

I did see, thanks for that! I haven't done much in the way of selling mine, with lockdown, crap weather and too much real work I haven't had the time or inclination to do it.

Got a few days off work this week so washed it, put new photos in the ad and got it booked in for a couple of jobs that need doing.

Still got plenty to do to prep for sale, I want to get rid of as much surface rust on the arches and by the kick plates, just to improve the appearance, but then I think I should leave it as is so no one thinks I'm trying to hide anything. Chase down a couple of rattles and creaks.

Thing is, there's always a never ending list of stuff to do and my new car has a growing list of bits that I'd like to get sorted instead of spending time doing the old car.

Don't sell up, just do what someone here did previously, park the car round the corner, out of sight out of mind!

Re: Coops on Ebay - 18/03/2021 11:01

Originally Posted by Morrison
Don't sell up, just do what someone here did previously, park the car round the corner, out of sight out of mind!

It's okay at the moment as the coop is still having problems with it's waterworks again, a dribble from the new matrix dripping onto my foot so it's gone in for some more urology. When it comes back and there's competition on the drive there may be problems. That said she has mentioned how nice the Brera looks so there's hope yet!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK