Fiat Coupe Club UK

Car Cover

Posted By: Sheepshead

Car Cover - 26/03/2021 09:16

Hi all. Can anybody recommend a decent car cover for outside use?
Posted By: andyps

Re: Car Cover - 26/03/2021 10:16

I use the Halfords one and it has been on and off cars for a few years now without issue. The Medium size is a great fit for the Coupe. I am sure there are better ones available but for under £50 I have been happy.
Posted By: Sheepshead

Re: Car Cover - 26/03/2021 11:10

Brill! will have a look cheers wink
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Car Cover - 28/03/2021 17:02

Yes. Autoexpress did a good review the other year, and Halfords were top.
Posted By: zak

Re: Car Cover - 20/05/2021 07:43

Originally Posted by andyps
I use the Halfords one and it has been on and off cars for a few years now without issue. The Medium size is a great fit for the Coupe. I am sure there are better ones available but for under £50 I have been happy.

Is it the "Halfords All Seasons Car Cover M 268806"?
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Car Cover - 20/05/2021 10:45

I'm not sure Zak as I bought my Halfords cover a few years ago and sometimes they change the spec and product number. However I also have the All Seasons in medium and it's a decent fit and stays in place. Just be careful that you're not too rough tightening the under car strap buckles as I ripped the cover and had to tape it up.
When I use mine for this winter, I may place a softer indoor cover underneath to minimise rub against the paint work.
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Car Cover - 20/05/2021 11:20

Another vote for the Halfords medium size here. It does what it says on the tin. Not sure how bad it is for the paintwork as I've used it on my silver coupe which doesn't have the best paint to start with.

If I was going to leave on long term I'd do what Gman suggests and use a soft one underneath.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Car Cover - 20/05/2021 14:25

I got the halfords all weather one this year and it leaked like a sieve so Sent it back. It looked like it was already a used item so I probably just need to get another.
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Car Cover - 20/05/2021 15:48

Oh good point, I don't know how bad it is for letting water through, I use it mainly for stopping bird poop and the billions of bits of tree that seem to get everywhere if I leave it parked at my mum's house.

Re: Car Cover - 21/05/2021 14:58

Originally Posted by zak
Originally Posted by andyps

Is it the "Halfords All Seasons Car Cover M 268806"?

That's the one. I probably need to replace mine as I've had it a few years but it seems to be waterproof still, just looking a little dirty round the edges.

Re: Car Cover - 21/05/2021 15:00

Originally Posted by Morrison
Another vote for the Halfords medium size here. It does what it says on the tin. Not sure how bad it is for the paintwork as I've used it on my silver coupe which doesn't have the best paint to start with.

If I was going to leave on long term I'd do what Gman suggests and use a soft one underneath.

I did notice the other day that mine is slightly red from the door mirrors are on the car, but the lacquer came off them many years ago and they don't look to have suffered particularly in terms of the amount of paint now on them. I'll polish them before autumn when the cover goes back on though.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK