Fiat Coupe Club UK

April Fool

Posted By: Brilly1uk

April Fool - 31/03/2021 19:48

I am looking forward to taking my Porto for a brief run tomorrow, bringing her out of winter hibernation. cool
Sadly, lockdown means I cannot go for a gratuitous long drive just yet. cry
Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: April Fool - 01/04/2021 23:16

Enjoyable spin late this afternoon on the edge of the Forest of Dean and back along the A40, west of Gloucester from near Ross on Wye.
Interesting what strikes you after not driving the Coupe for a protracted period.
I was particularly struck by how big the steering wheel seems and how small the car felt compared to modern traffic?

Very glad to say the 5 cylinder warble is still special though! love
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: April Fool - 02/04/2021 07:55

Originally Posted by Brilly1uk

I was particularly struck by how big the steering wheel seems

Someone's idea of an April Fool?
Posted By: respace

Re: April Fool - 02/04/2021 10:17

I heard VW were planning to call their E range Voltswagons as part of their April Fool, I could have believed that! Not sure about the steering wheel thing? I position mine so that the top of it is in line with the curve of the dash unfortunately this means I struggle to see the temperature gauge which is bit of an issue currently.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: April Fool - 02/04/2021 11:50

Originally Posted by respace
I heard VW were planning to call their E range Voltswagons as part of their April Fool, I could have believed that! Not sure about the steering wheel thing? I position mine so that the top of it is in line with the curve of the dash unfortunately this means I struggle to see the temperature gauge which is bit of an issue currently.

I think you've just provided yourself with the answer smile
Posted By: barnacle

Re: April Fool - 02/04/2021 13:50

If you can't see it, it's obviously not a problem. tongue

Neil
Posted By: respace

Re: April Fool - 02/04/2021 16:54

I could just wait for the steam coming from under the bonnet? Very apt response for the topic!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK