Fiat Coupe Club UK

Oil Cooler 7598011

Posted By: Andre

Oil Cooler 7598011 - 08/04/2021 02:14

Hello mates!

I think its been more than ten years since my last post.

Actually my Coupe is almost at a barn find state. Well, with the pandemic state here in Brazil, i am stuck home, so i decided to give it a try and rebuilt it.

The point is that i´m having a hard time finding replacements for the rusty parts. Every part of the cooling system must be replaced, as the parts are very rusty, the water pump, for instance, was melted.

I have already found most of the parts, but the heat exchanger, oil cooler, or "scambiatore di calore" is quite hard to find.

I have a 95/96 Coupe - 2.0 16V NA (wished a 20V Turbo, but there are none of these around). Can i find it in England?

Regards
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Oil Cooler 7598011 - 08/04/2021 06:15

If you can't find it, I believe Mocal can (or could) provide a remote oil cooler that might be used instead of the oil-water intercooler. A base plate goes between the filter and the block, and replaces the existing intercooler. You'd need to loop the cooling water back to the thermostat housing, or blank both of the solid water lines; Mocal provides an air-cooled oil radiator.

http://www.mocal.co.uk/products.html

I looked into doing that on my 16NA some years back, and it didn't look too bad a job, but I never got around to it smile

Neil
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Oil Cooler 7598011 - 08/04/2021 07:37

Hi and welcome back to the forum Andre, good luck with your restoration.

Stay safe out there in Brazil!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK