Fiat Coupe Club UK

Reddex petrol cleaner

Posted By: adamjow94

Reddex petrol cleaner - 06/06/2021 11:49

Hi everyone

Just want to ask if putting reddex petrol cleaner into a 20v turbo is safe and doesn't cause problems and if it does the engine any good? Just wondered if anybody had put reddex or any kid of petrol injector cleaner in and if it caused any problems etc. Thanks.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Reddex petrol cleaner - 06/06/2021 11:55

Additives are pretty much a no no in my book, others on here are the same I’ve seen in the past. You might even do some damage. The best way to clean injectors is to remove them and send to the appropriate company.

Re: Reddex petrol cleaner - 06/06/2021 11:56

Ok thanks. Just wondered and checking before did anything. Thanks.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Reddex petrol cleaner - 21/06/2021 08:07

I put Millers Petrol treatment in some of my cars every month or so, engine feels smoother and more responsive to me, in some of them. Millers allegedly gives an octane or two boost and detergent cleaning additives...can't see a problem. YouTube has an episode of 5th Gear where Redex was proven to have given a small performance boost on an old car.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Reddex petrol cleaner - 22/06/2021 18:25

I've used fuel booster in a diesel car and it was noticeably smoother and pulled better too.

I tend not to bother with the Coupe though. Did put Redex in the spark plug holes once and turned the entire estate into a scene from "The Fog". So I don't recommend that. But engine is still spot on.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Reddex petrol cleaner - 22/06/2021 18:28

I have, in the bottom of a box, a 'Redex Car Care Robot' - which those of a certain age will recognise as a common or garden manifold vacuum gauge laugh

Neil

Re: Reddex petrol cleaner - 23/06/2021 21:10

Ok. I've put some reddex in once and not notice much difference but I use premium fuel which might explain why. I appreciate the advice here. I may only use every so often to give the fuel systems a extra clean.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Reddex petrol cleaner - 26/06/2021 14:41

I don't think the occasional fuel additive will do any harm. Especially when diluted by a tank of petrol. Liked I said, I stuck pure Redex into my cylinders and whilst it smoked like Peter Cook in an episode of Peter and Clive, my engine is absolutely fine years later.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK