Fiat Coupe Club UK

Benefits of things advancing

Posted By: Che

Benefits of things advancing - 03/07/2021 14:17

So in the spirit of getting my post count up, so I can actually respond to folks etc. I thought I'd post this. I've had two Coupes in the past when I was up in Aberdeen (MattB are you still a Coupe owner?), A Ink Black NA, then a Chrono Grey LE, sold when I moved South again. So now life is a little calmer I'm out looking for an absolutely stock standard 20V Turbo, so I thought I'd dig out my old stuff. Found the box, CD's of the Fiat Eper, Manuals, Discs full of old photos including some crackers from a Stonehaven meet from many years ago. Although I unloaded most of my collection of ephemera a few years back, I still have brochures and other stuff that escaped being cleared out. Reading back through all the threads, good to see there are still many of the same names from back then, also a lot easier now that most of the stuff on CD is online! smile
Posted By: mattB

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 03/07/2021 15:40

wave

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 03/07/2021 16:50

Good to see you fella

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 04/07/2021 08:00

Doing fine thanks. I still have all the bits to make a full car, but unfortunately it's not been complete or run for I think 8years now. frown One day.

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 04/11/2021 19:09

Che, I tripped over the hard copy coupe manuals you donated to me when you moved away from Aberdeen the other day. I dont know if you want to organise getting them back?

Also, would be good to see some of the photos from old meets if you were able to host them somewhere?

Matt
Posted By: Rosso

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 04/11/2021 21:36

Matt, I did find these the other day from Cairn O Mount. I think we had a stop off at Potarch for lunch.

Attached picture IMG_0374.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0375.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0376.JPG

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 05/11/2021 10:40

Originally Posted by mattB
Che, I tripped over the hard copy coupe manuals you donated to me when you moved away from Aberdeen the other day. I don't know if you want to organise getting them back?

Also, would be good to see some of the photos from old meets if you were able to host them somewhere?

Matt

Hey Matt, funny enough, I was going to message you as I have a bunch from Stonehaven and some from Duthie Park, ping me your email and I'll send you what I have, it doesnt seem easy to add photos here and as one includes you being kissed by a certain young lady I thought you might want approval first smile

The manuals would certainly be much appreciated Matt, I'll PM you.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 05/11/2021 12:24

Doing fine thanks. I still have all the bits to make a full car, but unfortunately it's not been complete or run for I think 8years now. frown One day.

8 years......... that makes my restoration times look good, doesn't it Simon laugh
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 05/11/2021 14:39

Originally Posted by Countrycruising

8 years......... that makes my restoration times look good, doesn't it Simon laugh

zzz zzz

Sorry, what was that laugh

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 05/11/2021 16:07

I wouldn't say my coupe is being restored, more like I'm hoping one evening some elves break into my garage and fix it for me. Otherwise, another few years down the line I might get to it....

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 05/11/2021 16:50

Originally Posted by Che
Che, I tripped over the hard copy coupe manuals you donated to me when you moved away from Aberdeen the other day. I don't know if you want to organise getting them back?

Matt

Hey Matt, funny enough, I was going to message you as I have a bunch from Stonehaven and some from Duthie Park, ping me your email and I'll send you what I have, it doesnt seem easy to add photos here and as one includes you being kissed by a certain young lady I thought you might want approval first smile

The manuals would certainly be much appreciated Matt, I'll PM you.

I'm fine with posting whatever photos. Truth be told it'll be more surprising to see I might still have some hair in some of them....

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 05/11/2021 18:38

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Countrycruising

zzz zzz

Sorry, what was that laugh

wink

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 08/11/2021 08:20

Matt, my old LE went up for auction at the weekend at Anglia, not sure what money it went for : Chrono Grey LE
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 08/11/2021 08:55

Originally Posted by Che
Matt, my old LE went up for auction at the weekend at Anglia, not sure what money it went for : Chrono Grey LE

Last (known) owner was MCMike on here
Posted By: andyps

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 08/11/2021 12:34

Looks like the buyer paid £5184 including premium.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 08/11/2021 13:11

I'd say that looks a very nice car for that price.

Hope it went to a forum member?

Regards

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 08/11/2021 16:14

At that price I'd have bought it back! love
Posted By: respace

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 08/11/2021 17:39

That's always been one of my favourites, years ago down in Devon I saw one with the Reg LE 20 VT, that was sheer class!
Posted By: bockers

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 09/11/2021 09:01

Wow some old faces here! Is MCMike selling all his coupes?

Re: Benefits of things advancing - 10/11/2021 10:51

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Che

Last (known) owner was MCMike on here

I think Mike still owns that Chrono, went up for sale last year but didn't sell.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK