Fiat Coupe Club UK

THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!!

Posted By: Master_Mariner

THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 05/07/2021 12:47

The location:

The Pub.

The Car:

A 1999 20vt6 in speed Red (the best colour as everyone knows) with recarro's, plus dials, wheels, sunroof, A/C, not abused. No rust. Looked after (pampered). Garaged every night. Breathed on by Mr Flea. What I would describe as a very under valued fast GT car.

Reason:

General discussion of how car prices are rising.

The culprit:

We Buy Any Car

The Witnessess:

Various assortment of car owners, pleased to learn their car values may have risen recently.

And now. The Price:

Ladies and Gentlemen, drum roll please, the one and only generous offer-subject to an all important final inspection of course is.....................

readit

£150.00 of your finest English Pounds
(One hundred and fifty pounds)

suicide

Beat that!

Regards

MM
Posted By: DavidFoster

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 05/07/2021 13:36

For a laugh I once asked We Buy Any Car the value of a Ferrari 250GTO with a 250 GTO reg.plate.

IE Nick Mason’s car.

£30k was the answer..
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 05/07/2021 15:36

I'll give you £200 laugh

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 05/07/2021 15:40

rofl
Posted By: barnacle

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 05/07/2021 18:11

Originally Posted by Master_Mariner

£150.00 of your finest English Pounds
(One hundred and fifty pounds)

I asked about mine for some reason lost in the depths of time.

Eighty-five nicker. grr

I didn't sell it smile

Neil
Posted By: Morrison

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 06/07/2021 13:33

Don't forget the £99 admin fee.
Posted By: G_Man

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 12/07/2021 17:34

laugh love it..
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 12/07/2021 22:20

I just don't think WBAC are interested in older cars, hence the potty offer. There have been two very standard looking Coupés that have gone through the king's lynn classic auctions recently, both sold for a fair bit more than the hideous WBAC offer.

As per your "Reason" WBAC are offering decent money on modern sports / GT cars. In early June WBAC offered just over £40K for my 2018 TTRS. Two weeks back they emailed saying they could improve their offer. I updated my details, adding the 800 miles I had done through June, and the new offer was £41,705 shocked

I've since tried another service - Motorway. They initially offered slightly less. But my failure to sell has had several dealers competing and they have offered more than WBAC silly

I am really torn between keeping and selling at the moment. I have spotted a 2018 car with a similar high spec as mine for sale at a dealer - Just £1.5K less than I paid, over two years ago!
Posted By: CoolHands

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 17/09/2021 19:05

£210. That’s my final offer. As long as it’s 12 months mot

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 20/09/2021 10:59

haha.

Was thinking wheeler Dealers tv show may bump up interest in the marque a tad. Disappointingly it just echoed many stereotypes and undervalued the rarity of these cars.

They are criminally undervalued and under regarded in my book.

MM
Posted By: Submariner

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 20/09/2021 13:23

Who the hell would ever consider selling their car to WBAC? Classic or not.

Especially so as the used car market has seen huge demand and thus increases in prices, 30-40% for some models. One of the reasons for the CPI increasing so rapidly.

WBAC are now the same company as British Car Auctions.

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 22/09/2021 13:00

Hey Submariner,

In my defence- it had been a good night in the local.

You know how it is. You think they are giving you their telephone number....but just coming over to give you the bill! lol

I would never knowingly use wbac. I know some do.

Regards

MM
Posted By: Submariner

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 25/09/2021 11:10

Originally Posted by Master_Mariner
Hey Submariner,

In my defence- it had been a good night in the local.

You know how it is. You think they are giving you their telephone number....but just coming over to give you the bill! lol

I would never knowingly use wbac. I know some do.

Regards

MM

I know chap my post was more a response to Barmy Bob and his car story.

I have an F and TF, looked for a laugh couple of year's ago....I think it was almost pence lol
Posted By: DavidFoster

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 25/09/2021 13:49

My brother has just sold his rather nice 55 plate Boxster 3.4S to WBAC.

I couldn’t believe it !
Posted By: AyliCarper

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 19/07/2022 20:55

I got a very reasonable offer for a then ten year old Citroen Berlingo van that they actually increased on sight of it by some widget they had that sucked its early history out of the ether. The horrific thought of listing and entertaining van buyers was so overwhelming I would have frankly taken half the amount for the effort the process saved. Horses for courses.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 20/07/2022 05:58

I think that's the point. They want profit; you want hassle-free. But when it comes to something that's more than a handful of years old, they simply value cheap enough that no matter the condition, they'll get at least some profit on it at the auction.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 20/07/2022 08:28

My godson recently sold his 2021 Land Rover Defender to WBAC for £10000 more than he paid for it new.

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 20/07/2022 08:29

You're right (it would be interesting to see a Coupe floated on Collecting Cars). I mean, if there was a Citroen Berlingo Van discussion forum with a sale section that was internationally renowned, I'd have probably at least had a punt on it before taking the old thing to WBAC. But then again, if there was a Citroen Berlingo Van discussion forum, I think the end of the world would be just around the corner.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 20/07/2022 09:33

Originally Posted by AyliCarper
But then again, if there was a Citroen Berlingo Van discussion forum, I think the end of the world would be just around the corner.

laugh

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 20/07/2022 15:49

Amusingly, there is a Fiat Panda 100HP on Collecting Cars at the moment: https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2008-fiat-panda-100hp ... and trawling the sold auctions it's the third one they've had, as well as quite a few Uno Turbos and lots of Panda Mk1 4x4s, as well as the usual 500s/124 Spiders. I think it might produce a surprise result if a very nice Coupe went on there, much as it irrationally annoys me as a concept for a website.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 24/07/2022 18:50

Originally Posted by PeteP
My godson recently sold his 2021 Land Rover Defender to WBAC for £10000 more than he paid for it new.

Wow - but what will he buy now?

New prices have gone bonkers too!
Posted By: PeteP

Re: THE best Coupe Price. EVER!!!! - 24/07/2022 21:46

He got a Tesla Model Y Bob.

It's a bit odd, certainly it is quick but with huge wheels and low profile tyres the ride is harsh on the crappy road surfaces round here.

It is also huge with the floor a long step up from the road.

There are cameras at each side, the rear, and in front feeding a display on a big screen of what is going on around all the time.

Range, we went from home to Emsworth and back which must be about 70 miles and the charge dropped about 15%. Much of the roads were 2 way so it was not being driven hard. Tony said that hard driving eats the amps quickly.

And it's built in bloody China with collection directly from Southhampton docks.

i don't think I would want one even if I had the spare cash.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK