Fiat Coupe Club UK

Best fuel for Gtec1

Posted By: KevinW

Best fuel for Gtec1 - 13/07/2021 08:46

Considering that standard unleaded will discontinue soon and I have a gtec1 remap, what difference if any will I notice when moving to Super Unleaded and will it be best to have a remap?
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Best fuel for Gtec1 - 13/07/2021 09:55

Standard unleaded will continue but instead of being labelled as E5 (max 5 vol% ethanol content) it will be E10 (max 10%) but other specs will be the same, ie: octane, vapour pressure, etc. With a standard engine not remapped to take advantage of higher octane in super unleaded (allowing ignition timing/advance to be altered) you will see no benefit other than a placebo effect of thinking that the engine runs somehow smoother or otherwise better, however you may define it. On the other hand, your wallet be emptied quicker. I think your money is better spent on more frequent oil changes with best quality oil, after all a full oil change is about the same cost as a full tank of fuel but is expected to last several thousand miles instead of a few hundred.

Re: Best fuel for Gtec1 - 13/07/2021 14:00

Hi Dave. OK so the question is the does gtec1 remap classify as a remap that can take advantage of super unleaded thanks?
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Best fuel for Gtec1 - 13/07/2021 15:13

I just use super unleaded at all times.

Its (from what I have been told) cleaner as well as more bang. But the debate has raged for years on this and other forums re super and normal unleaded.

By 2030- I think we will simply be taking what we are given to allow us to drive our classic climate death givers (cars) on pain of death by many of the woke climate warriors. Who have said the world will blow up in ...what...4 years time...but that's a different discussion.

regards,

MM
Posted By: clanger

Re: Best fuel for Gtec1 - 13/07/2021 15:47

Originally Posted by KevinW
OK so the question is the does gtec1 remap classify as a remap that can take advantage of super unleaded thanks?

If you look at his ebay ad it reads like G2 takes advantage of Super due to its increased ignition advance maps

Re: Best fuel for Gtec1 - 13/07/2021 17:12

Ok but I have gtec1 not 2. I assume no difference with fuels for this then.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK