Fiat Coupe Club UK

Passed MOT but...

Posted By: G_Man

Passed MOT but... - 26/11/2021 22:46

Yay passed MOT but my flippin injector light is still stuck on but car running smoothly at the moment. Collect on Monday but this has been a saga that started back in mid-July and has really tested my patience grr
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Passed MOT but... - 27/11/2021 01:25

This is a deal more progress than a couple of weeks back Alan, good news thumb

Was it a sensor in the end?
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Passed MOT but... - 28/11/2021 12:43

Great news on the MOT Alan thumb
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Passed MOT but... - 28/11/2021 13:51

Aye, another year on the road. My Coops MOT is tomorrow, fingers crossed… driving

Re: Passed MOT but... - 29/11/2021 10:16

Hi Simon - everything points to the cam / phase sensor but STILL not resolved crazy

@ Jimboy - hope your MOT goes OK thumb
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Passed MOT but... - 29/11/2021 18:27

Alan, have you read any fault codes? If you had a 20vt I would get you to check the electrical connection to the EBV, but you don't have one of them. Is it running cold perchance with a failed thermostat?

But if everything points to cam/phase sensor and you haven't changed it...well, why don't you try that?

Re: Passed MOT but... - 29/11/2021 20:41

I know Dave but new cam sensors are no longer available for 16v's but has been cleaned and apparently was all good. Initially diagnosed as a faulty ECU but was replaced by a cloned unit but the fault persists so now got a spare ECU for the coupe rolleyes
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Passed MOT but... - 29/11/2021 21:31

So is the injector light still on Alan?
Posted By: 386ka

Re: Passed MOT but... - 29/11/2021 21:49

If it's a 16v NA, then I think the sensor is a VR one, so two pins only. You probably won't find the whole sensor with housing, however the internal sensor should be replaceable.
See this - I think it fits the Coupe too: https://www.deltaintegrale.com/shop/delta-integrale-16v-engine-electrical/9940429

Neil and Joe might be able to offer further help on that
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Passed MOT but... - 30/11/2021 18:00

Originally Posted by 386ka
If it's a 16v NA, then I think the sensor is a VR one, so two pins only. You probably won't find the whole sensor with housing, however the internal sensor should be replaceable.
See this - I think it fits the Coupe too: https://www.deltaintegrale.com/shop/delta-integrale-16v-engine-electrical/9940429

Neil and Joe might be able to offer further help on that

That design doesn't fit the Coupe 16v models, I have another supplier so have organised one for Alan so it'll be with me for the Xmas meet in Carlisle.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK