Fiat Coupe Club UK

Breakdown cover NI

Posted By: mike789

Breakdown cover NI - 18/01/2022 16:11

good afternoon & happy new year all

bit of strange one, can anyone recommend a breakdown company which cover 25 year old coupes, ideally in northern ireland?

last time i checked they have exclusions due to the car age

regards mike
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Breakdown cover NI - 18/01/2022 16:24

I'm surprised age would be an issue.

Try Auto-Aid?

Btw your calendars were posted today along with a couple of other late-runners smile
Posted By: mike789

Re: Breakdown cover NI - 18/01/2022 16:29

perfect thank you on both counts
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Breakdown cover NI - 18/01/2022 17:57

I bounced once off Green Flag - don't know if they work in NI though - who had a fifteen (eighteen?) year limit on an 'any other vehicle' but no limit on the main car on the policy.

Which was annoying at the time as the coupe wasn't the main car...

A classic car policy with, um, ERT? - the one that all the classic brokers seem to end up with - covered the coupe for recovery including Europe directly when I last had it covered. Again, don't know validity in NI.

The default choice used to be ADAC but I don't think they cover now if you live outside Germany.

Neil
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Breakdown cover NI - 18/01/2022 18:48

Originally Posted by barnacle

A classic car policy with, um, ERT? - the one that all the classic brokers seem to end up with - covered the coupe for recovery including Europe directly when I last had it covered.

Neil

I think you mean ERS Neil - they won't let you insure direct, only through a broker in my experience.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Breakdown cover NI - 19/01/2022 18:53

That could be them... it's been a few years. They offered the cover through the brokers that sold you the road insurance.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK