Fiat Coupe Club UK

I'm a Coupe Owner Again!

Posted By: Rob07

I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 22/01/2022 09:37

Yesterday I finally became a Fiat Coupe owner again after over 12 years! My old Coupe was a 16v turbo plus in blitz blue but this time I've gone for a 20v VIS as I just love the sound. I bought her from Joe at FCSS who I can highly recommend. He knows his stuff when it comes to Coupes & is a sound bloke to deal with. I drove back to Bristol along the A & B roads & I could not stop grinning. It's great to be back ;-).
Posted By: Gripped

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 22/01/2022 10:29

Congratulations and welcome to VIS club, or should that be Club VIS?
Posted By: HiraethHuw

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 23/01/2022 09:15

Congratulations Rob.
Is the car you bought this one?
https://www.facebook.com/319959168098936/posts/4583361825091961/?d=n
If so it’s superb. The body colour, interior and wheels are all amazeballs.
I know that feeling of grinning all the way home driving away in your new Coupe purchase.
Enjoy laugh

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 23/01/2022 10:03

Thanks guys ;-). Yes it's the blue 20v VIS (with ox blood red interior) that was for sale on FCSS's facebook page & Car & Classic. I've never seen a Coupe with an interior in that colour, it's a bit boujee as my kids would say!
Posted By: Just_Matthew

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 23/01/2022 11:46

Congrats, this car looks very nice on Facebook and price was great. I wish you thousands lucky kilometers. Enjoy it
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 23/01/2022 16:58

Great choice and hope you enjoy your Coupe smile
Posted By: Rosso

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 23/01/2022 18:10

Welcome back what a great colour thumb Enjoy driving the coupe
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 23/01/2022 18:24

Originally Posted by Rob07
Thanks guys ;-). Yes it's the blue 20v VIS (with ox blood red interior) that was for sale on FCSS's facebook page & Car & Classic. I've never seen a Coupe with an interior in that colour, it's a bit boujee as my kids would say!

I saw photos of that, really lovely rare upholstery colour, happy cooping cool
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 23/01/2022 23:43

Smashing looking car, hope you enjoy it.

It's the kind of car that could tempt me back, but only when I have myself a double garage shocked
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 24/01/2022 10:09

Yesterday I finally became a Fiat Coupe owner again after over 12 years! My old Coupe was a 16v turbo plus in blitz blue but this time I've gone for a 20v VIS as I just love the sound. I bought her from Joe at FCSS who I can highly recommend. He knows his stuff when it comes to Coupes & is a sound bloke to deal with. I drove back to Bristol along the A & B roads & I could not stop grinning. It's great to be back ;-).

Great to see you're here on the forum and back in the coupe fold Rob, I think if I hadn't sold it to yourself it would have become another in my collection because of how unique that interior is, woke up Sunday happy it had gone to a good home so I hope to see you at some Coupe club meets this year thumb

Joe.
Posted By: G_Man

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 24/01/2022 19:46

Is that a cloverleaf Alfa GT in the background? Nice cool

Oh yeah Rob the coupe is kinda ok as well laugh

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 25/01/2022 09:49

Thanks for all your kind words, you've made me feel very welcome on this forum. It was such a relief buying the Coupe from fellow enthusiast Joe, I could tell straight away that you have a lot of passion for these cars! I'll try & get to some of the club meets during this year especially the ones that are around the south west / midlands area.

Cheers, Rob

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 25/01/2022 09:54

Fighting talk Rob, that's what we like to hear on here, along with the trials and tribulations of being a coupé owner laugh

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 25/01/2022 10:17

Originally Posted by G_Man
Is that a cloverleaf Alfa GT in the background? Nice cool

Oh yeah Rob the coupe is kinda ok as well laugh

Yes that's my daily now Alan, the 3.2 Busso sings when the loud pedal is pushed, I also treated the interior to the GTA seats so it now has the styling I like, a cracking car smile
Posted By: respace

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 25/01/2022 14:39

Good luck with your new coop Rob! I've done the same, 16vt and now VIS, never seen an interior that colour before though, is it a UK option?

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 27/01/2022 16:53

I've looked at loads of Coupes over the years & have never seen one with this colour interior. It must have been an option that very few owners ticked!

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 27/01/2022 21:17

I've looked at loads of Coupes over the years & have never seen one with this colour interior. It must have been an option that very few owners ticked!

It wasn't technically available in the UK. This car was probably ordered through the tourist, diplomatic and military scheme. This enabled UK specification RHD cars to take advantage of some European specification options. These included non UK specification leather colour options, heated seats and headlamp washers to name a few.

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 28/01/2022 09:22

Originally Posted by Barmybob

It wasn't technically available in the UK. This car was probably ordered through the tourist, diplomatic and military scheme. This enabled UK specification RHD cars to take advantage of some European specification options. These included non UK specification leather colour options, heated seats and headlamp washers to name a few.

Unique to say the least, just a shame the UK didn't have the waffle seats option, I had to buy Joey's 1.8 and transport it back from The Netherlands to enjoy that design as part of my Coupe collection, lovely car in moon grey on a 1997 plate, 3 yrs before the UK was offered that colour.

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 28/01/2022 09:51

Originally Posted by Countrycruising
part of my Coupe collection

chinny World's first Coupé Museum

Edit: proposed admission fee £25 for 5 minutes or 1 pack of Wagon Wheels laugh

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 28/01/2022 15:13

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Countrycruising
part of my Coupe collection

I thought is wasn't such a great idea until you mentioned the Wagon wheels, that sold it laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 28/01/2022 18:41

You should try him on dog nuts... tongue

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 30/01/2022 09:58

Put me down for 2 tickets wink

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 30/01/2022 11:02

A coupe museum now that would be cool. I watched a YouTube video last week and the chap was viewing a private Mercedes Benz museum, really cool but I suspect the chap doing it has plenty of pennies in the bank.
Posted By: Sheepshead

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 01/03/2022 22:04

Looks fabulous in that colour combo! Like you I came from a 16vt and a 20vt, love my VIS though! Welcome to the club thumb

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 03/03/2022 20:35

Thanks Sheepshead smile. Yes it's a great colour combo & the metallic blue bodywork reminds me of my old 16v turbo.
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 12/03/2022 15:42

Looks really nice. Had a VIS since 2014 and the grin is the same.

I think it's about 4800rpm it decides it's gonna try to sound like a Gallardo. smile
Posted By: sleepur

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 14/03/2022 15:18

we need photos of the grin laugh
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 25/03/2022 20:19

When I sell my Porsche 997 C4S I will also be coming back to the Fiat Coupe :-) .............I never really left.

Re: I'm a Coupe Owner Again! - 26/03/2022 18:24

I know exactly what you mean Mark. The last time I had a Coupe was back in 2009 & I've wanted another ever since! They look stunning, go like stink, great to drive & fairly practical. I can't think of a better car for the same kind of money.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK