Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupé Fiat Museum

Posted By: Edinburgh

Coupé Fiat Museum - 30/01/2022 12:26

(I was going to add this to the I'm a Coupé Owner Again thread but as it's gone a bit off-topic...)

...I find myself fantasising about a permanent collection in a dedicated venue (group buy? laugh ), sporting a standard example of each model with the addition of a few "variations" or individualised coops, ensuring a balanced display of paint colour and upholstery versions. We'll get Rosso to design the premises colour scheme along with the layout of coupé memorabilia within display cases. This might help solve some people's problems with storage of such stuff. smile

Walls would be lined with framed posters and video screens showing compilations of popular events such as the 20th anniversary in Turin, and a booth would be available for simulated coupé track driving. A café serving good Italian coffee and ice cream is a must cool

On certain days perhaps it might serve as a diagnostic centre, bookable in advance.

It might also serve as an AGM venue....

Admission - members I packet of Wagon Wheels, non-members 2 packets laugh

Let your dreams flow....

Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 09:01

Something like this but for Coupés.

A Private Museum
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 09:07

Can't help feeling that a museum for coupes might have a certain sense of deja vu about it... ooh, look, there's a couple, it looks just like, er, that one over there, and, er, the one we just saw, and er...
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 09:32

Originally Posted by Barmybob
Something like this but for Coupés.

A Private Museum

Fascinating - it helps the owner has a pound or two in his pocket...
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 13:08

Originally Posted by barnacle
Can't help feeling that a museum for coupes might have a certain sense of deja vu about it... ooh, look, there's a couple, it looks just like, er, that one over there, and, er, the one we just saw, and er...

I live this some days when I forget how many I have in store....... "what's under that sheet........oh another coupe I'd forgotten I own" !
Posted By: respace

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 13:30

My autistic stepson has something of an obsession with donkeys, he loves going down to the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary, they've got 500 of them, 'Oh look it's a donkey, oh another one.......' To make matters worse when at school he couldn't pronounce sanctuary, and he used to say Donkey Wankuary, which seemed kinda sppropriate given some of their appendages!
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 14:20

Originally Posted by respace

My autistic stepson has something of an obsession with donkeys, he loves going down to the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary, they've got 500 of them, 'Oh look it's a donkey, oh another one.......' To make matters worse when at school he couldn't pronounce sanctuary, and he used to say Donkey Wankuary, which seemed kinda sppropriate given some of their appendages!

I shouldn't laugh but Donkey Wankuary had me in stiches laugh
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 14:37

There's one... there's another one
Posted By: respace

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 31/01/2022 21:04

Originally Posted by Countrycruising
Originally Posted by respace

I shouldn't laugh but Donkey Wankuary had me in stiches laugh

You aren't alone there Joe, you should have seen his teachers trying to maintain their dignity and composure when he asked to go there, eventually one or other would corpse and the whole lot fell apart!

Posted By: PaulL

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 01/02/2022 17:44

Coupe Museum

Bet that it's closed due to COVID.

And knowing FIAT, you'd only find out when you had arrived.

Good place to visit with some spanners and a bag marked SWAG.
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Coupé Fiat Museum - 01/02/2022 17:45

You can buy donkey sausages in France.

Which reminds me. Go to old jokes.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK