Fiat Coupe Club UK

Re: ULEZ

Posted By: Serg1

Re: ULEZ - 05/04/2022 19:58

Haven't heard anything from them. Just sent them email, fingers cross.

Dave; ULEZ is a killer when it comes to fun driving, one of the pains of living in London.

Seriously thinking I might have to sell.
Posted By: Possum

Re: ULEZ - 06/04/2022 22:32

Originally Posted by Serg1

Dave; ULEZ is a killer when it comes to fun driving, one of the pains of living in London.

Where are you thinking of moving to outside of London?
Posted By: Submariner

Re: ULEZ - 07/04/2022 10:19

Crazy situation for residents and 24/7 364 days of the year too, totally bonkers. Read another post that the ULEZ will increase to the boundary of the M25!!!
Posted By: Trappy

Re: ULEZ - 08/04/2022 08:18

Originally Posted by Submariner

Crazy situation for residents and 24/7 364 days of the year too, totally bonkers. Read another post that the ULEZ will increase to the boundary of the M25!!!

Why would anyone in their right mind expect to have fun driving 'within' the M25? The driving standard drops dramatically, the roads do not lend themselves to spirited driving and, even at the best of times, you're sat in traffic. Lease cars and bangers only, I wouldn't dream of taking my Coupé inside this zone.
Posted By: Edinburgh

ULEZ - 08/04/2022 09:02

The part of the thread pertaining to ULEZ (including the posts above) in the UK Social Events section has been moved here. Apologies for some mixed order of replies!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: ULEZ - 08/04/2022 09:06

Look forward to see you both, it's been a long time.

The ULEZ is looking financially savage for enjoying/driving your Coupe's........Christmas Day is free though. What a joke for actual residents of London who own classic cars.

It's ok because the Ministry of Propaganda on their website say you can buy a newer 'cleaner one' or walk:

There are a number of options available to owners of vehicles that do not meet ULEZ standards, such as walking, cycling, using public transport, car clubs or replacing your vehicle with a cleaner one.
Posted By: Serg1

Re: ULEZ - 08/04/2022 10:53

Clearly you don't know the best roads to use for fun.
Posted By: sleepur

Re: ULEZ - 12/04/2022 15:10

I unwittingly moved 2 roads inside it. The advertising was really poor in my original area because it wasn't in their best interests to advertise it well. They probably did the bare legal minimum required because anyone/everyone who either didn't know or was slow to work out a solution and then got fined/charged accordingly was all money into their coffers.
They originally estimated it would net them around $2million per day, and had already factored that cash into their budgets. Then got annoyed when people were a bit more compliant than expected, and they had less money to work with.
Heartbreaking part is all of this was pushed through rather harshly on the original schedule despite COVID. No delays could be tolerated because they were already banking on that lovely cash rolling in. But given the extra complexities recently due to a global pandemic, maybe a bit of extra time to help everyone get sorted wouldn't have been unreasonable.
Cos this is all about looking after people's health, honest. laugh

Re: ULEZ - 12/04/2022 15:25

the schedule is ambitious, but it's definitely going to happen.
and it's amazing how quickly & effectively these vast schemes can sometimes be implemented if/when there's a tonne of easy cash to be made from day one onwards.
sorry, i mean it's amazing how quickly & effectively these vast schemes can sometimes be implemented if/when protecting the public's health. #cynicism
Posted By: G_Man

Re: ULEZ - 17/04/2022 06:57

Of course once we've all gone electric then I assume ULEZ will be scrapped.. chinny

Re: ULEZ - 17/04/2022 13:44

Originally Posted by G_Man
Of course once we've all gone electric then I assume ULEZ will be scrapped.. chinny

i'm sure they'll find a way to charge people for using 'older style' batteries laugh
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: ULEZ - 18/04/2022 21:02

Head to central oxford guys. I recently had a 1st warning letter for entering a ZEZ zone. Never knew there was a Zero Emmissions zone! Electric only in central Oxford!
Posted By: Jeremy

Re: ULEZ - 20/04/2022 07:54

Originally Posted by coupedummy
Head to central oxford guys. I recently had a 1st warning letter for entering a ZEZ zone. Never knew there was a Zero Emissions zone! Electric only in central Oxford!

Now we all know that electric is anything but zero emissions, geographically offset emissions maybe!
Posted By: Ali_and_Marvin

Re: ULEZ - 20/04/2022 11:09

Originally Posted by coupedummy
Head to central oxford guys. I recently had a 1st warning letter for entering a ZEZ zone. Never knew there was a Zero Emmissions zone! Electric only in central Oxford!

Oxford hates cars (as do most of the Oxfordshire district councils). The ZEZ zone even applies to hybrid cars that switch to all electric before entering the zone. Shame they don't spend the revenue raised on fixing all the potholes!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK