Fiat Coupe Club UK

MOT passed - 2nd time....

Posted By: barchetta_ms

MOT passed - 2nd time.... - 15/04/2022 09:03

I have to be honest - I haven't posted much on here since I 'inherited' my late father's Coupe last year.
But - good news - after some welding, it has passed its MOT.
It failed the first time with:
Offside Front Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting back of the wheel arch (marked in yellow) (6.2.2 (d) (i))
I know it needed some work last year for its MOT on the front nearside so I guess the tin worm is working its way around the car. The car has done a total of 427 in the last 12 months which makes it an eye-watering cost per mile but it's worth every penny for the fun and the memories it brings back.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: MOT passed - 2nd time.... - 15/04/2022 09:35

Originally Posted by barchetta_ms
I have to be honest - I haven't posted much on here since I 'inherited' my late father's Coupe last year.
But - good news - after some welding, it has passed its MOT.
It failed the first time with:
Offside Front Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting back of the wheel arch (marked in yellow) (6.2.2 (d) (i))
I know it needed some work last year for its MOT on the front nearside so I guess the tin worm is working its way around the car. The car has done a total of 427 in the last 12 months which makes it an eye-watering cost per mile but it's worth every penny for the fun and the memories it brings back.

Sorry your Father passed, it's lovely to read you're carrying on investing in his passion thumb
Posted By: G_Man

Re: MOT passed - 2nd time.... - 17/04/2022 07:04

Nice one and ditto what Joe said above. 16 or 20v? If you think the tin worm is at work then a course of preventative work is better than waiting for the next MOT and being hit with a potentially mega and terminal bill thumb
Posted By: jimboy

Re: MOT passed - 2nd time.... - 17/04/2022 08:05

Originally Posted by G_Man
Nice one and ditto what Joe said above. 16 or 20v? If you think the tin worm is at work then a course of preventative work is better than waiting for the next MOT and being hit with a potentially mega and terminal bill thumb

I agree with G man, get the tin worm issue sorted out sooner than later. Long live the Coupe.. driving
Posted By: barchetta_ms

Re: MOT passed - 2nd time.... - 20/04/2022 10:19

It's a 20v
I'm at the point of working out the long term options for the car. My father had planned a visit to see Joe to get an idea of the costs to bring the car back by to the condition it deserves - I think I should follow up on that.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK