Fiat Coupe Club UK

A New Newbie

Posted By: Theparrottbros

A New Newbie - 13/07/2022 22:28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for accepting me onto the page its greatly appreciated, i recently purchased a 20v turbo by accident almost as it was too good to pass up!

The car:
its a 1 owner, 75k miles car, body work is poor damage wise but structurally sound, mechanically its had everything it could and has possibly wanted,

the owner was not one to work on the car and as it got older it wanted more and more, coupled with the fact he is moving into london it was simply not getting used enough, this
is where i come in and take ownership.

About me;
I have had a love for cars for as long as i can remember, i love driving and experiencing them all.

i have spent the last few years repairing and creating youtube videos based around the mk1 TT platform and really enjoyed it but always wanted something older, i have had my eyes on a fiat 126 for some time
but the right car just never came along. then when give the opportunity to buy this 20v turbo i snapped it up.

going forward im not 100% sure the path ill be taking but i will definitely look forward to getting some seat time and some miles on the clock.

look forward to speaking to and possibly meeting you at a meet or show in the future

thanks Dom
Posted By: PaulL

Re: A New Newbie - 14/07/2022 06:34

Good luck to you and do try and meet up with other club members.

Lots of encouragement and support

Paul
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: A New Newbie - 14/07/2022 08:04

Welcome to the fold Dom thumb

Re: A New Newbie - 14/07/2022 09:52

Originally Posted by PaulL
Good luck to you and do try and meet up with other club members.

Lots of encouragement and support

Paul

Thanks Paul, I do try and get to as many meets as possible, always nice to talk to same car owners and chew the fat, look around other cars etc

Re: A New Newbie - 14/07/2022 09:52

Originally Posted by Countrycruising
Welcome to the fold Dom thumb

Thank you 😊
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: A New Newbie - 17/07/2022 21:45

Welcome, Dom.
We all look forward to seeing some pics and reading about your Coupe journey. cool
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: A New Newbie - 17/07/2022 22:51

Hi Dom and welcome to the forum smile
Posted By: Theresa

Re: A New Newbie - 19/07/2022 22:47

Hi and welcome smile

Re: A New Newbie - 02/08/2022 09:38

The car

Attached picture B2DA6EFC-D0CB-4A87-AE7A-B345D91DB03A.jpeg
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: A New Newbie - 02/08/2022 10:16

Welcome on board Dom!

German cars make a lot of head sense.

Italian cars-its all about the heart.

I can see in your first video you already get that with your new Coupe.

Looking forward to more of your content..... p.s. your coupe may well surprise your TT a bit more then many would expect!

Regards

MM
Posted By: respace

Re: A New Newbie - 02/08/2022 11:19

As above, I had a colleague with a TT years ago when I had the 16vt, he couldn't believe how quick it was nor how little oil it consumed compared to his much newer, lower mileage germanic engineered creation.
Good luck with your resto, whatever you decide to do with it. It's the original ones that make the 'big' (relatively) monies, mods seem to detract from the value and you never get it back, though this may not be your motivation.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: A New Newbie - 02/08/2022 15:17

Interesting range of prices for coupes in Germany: https://www.autoscout24.com/lst/fiat/coupe?sort=standard&desc=0&ustate=N,U&atype=C&cy=D (check the last!)

Though I rather fancy the 600 Vignale smile

Neil

Re: A New Newbie - 02/08/2022 23:22

Thanks for all the welcomes, looks like i will be spending a lot of time here going forward, Its a totally different set up the what im used to with the Vag world, parts are easier to find and modifications / fixes are a lot more documented haha so i have
my work cut out for me for sure, luckily i like a challenge, i have started a project thread so you can all see what im getting up to and feel free to point out if im going about anything wrongly / advice always invited
Thanks Dom
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK