Fiat Coupe Club UK

Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions

Posted By: Andrew20V

Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 17/08/2022 17:59

The exhaust tip on my car is very rusty. What would people recommend makes/types to replace it please?

Many thanks,

Andrew
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 18/08/2022 07:38

If the tip is rusty there stands a chance the rest of the system isn't too great so I'd plan to renew from the cat back, new there's a trader in Germany who can supply these exhausts, Autodoc also list one, or if you fancy something with a little more noise you could go for a stainless system supplied by Cybox and request a rolled in slash cut to keep the original look.
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 06:16

Agree with Joe, I had the same issue and fitted a cat back Cybox system which was a great fit and suits my 20v NA. Love the soundtrack that goes with it thumb

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 07:06

Thanks for the suggestions/recommendations. Does anyone have any experience of toyosports exhaust? https://www.toyosports.co.uk/stainl...upe-20-20v-turbo-or-non-turbo-1826-p.asp
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 09:24

I have that system fitted on my Plus. The tailpipe is quite a bit larger diameter than standard, and it sticks out at the back quite far. The centre pipe diameter is larger than OE so I had to use a sleeve to fit it to the cat. But otherwise well made and good value for money.

At least I think that's all correct, from memory, fitted quite some time ago!

Attached picture Screenshot_20220819-102308_Gallery.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20220819-102238_Gallery.jpg

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 11:19

Thanks Dave. And what's the sound like compared to standard?
Posted By: szkom

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 14:40

I'd echo Dave's comments. Seems well made, but I also had to sleeve the cat to join it up. I find the sound in keeping with the car, but it's definitely louder and has more of that low rumble you'd expect with a stainless exhaust.

I would also say that if your car is NA then it might be louder again as we've got a turbo in the exhaust system that takes a good deal of the noise out.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 17:03

Rosso on here has got a Ragazzon system on his 20v which he's pretty pleased with..

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 17:28

That's rather beyond my budget, although I expect it's very good. I'm favouring the Toyosports one at the moment.

Thanks to all for the advice
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 19:23

Bear in mind that if the rusty tip falls off completely the chances are good that the exhaust gasses will melt your rear bumper,

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 19/08/2022 19:40

Thanks PeteP for the advice. I have this job in mind to be done within the next month. The car isn't being driven at the moment, actually I have yet to drive it at all. The only other coupe I've driven is a 20V Turbo, 22 years ago!

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 24/08/2022 18:41

Just an update, I'm expecting to go for these guys to fabricate one. Have any members experience of these guys?

https://www.mijexhaust.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzqC19o_g-QIVhu7tCh1MsQ2lEAAYASAAEgITovD_BwE
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 25/08/2022 07:43

Originally Posted by Andrew20V
Just an update, I'm expecting to go for these guys to fabricate one. Have any members experience of these guys?

https://www.mijexhaust.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzqC19o_g-QIVhu7tCh1MsQ2lEAAYASAAEgITovD_BwE

Make sure MIJ use the correct diameter pipe, I've known a couple of owners visit Walsall and come away with a system that's undersize.

Re: Exhaust tip very rusty - replacement suggestions - 25/08/2022 09:23

Thanks for the heads up. Now realised I can get an exhaust fabricated much closer to home.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK