Fiat Coupe Club UK

Body kit stuff

Posted By: BoostedBanana

Body kit stuff - 29/08/2022 21:59

Hey guys curiosity has finally gotten the better of me! I'm wondering if anyone can identify the body items on my 20vt? I'm thinking at the very least the spoiler has been put on aftermarket as the yellow on it is a different shade and there's a brake light in it where a third brake light is already present on the car. I've also been told by a friend that the car is fitted with turbo plus wheels also. I'm just wondering from these images if anyone can identify what's there? Thanks!

Attached picture 20220829_225657.jpg
Attached picture 20220829_225724.jpg
Attached picture 20220829_225812.jpg
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Body kit stuff - 30/08/2022 06:45

Aftermarket rear spoiler is fitted, wheels do look plus, if they are twinned spoked, picture not that clear to see.

Looks like a good example Coupe by the way, apart from the spoiler, not wanting to sound rude and it’s a car owners choice, but most owners don’t like a rear add on. smile

Re: Body kit stuff - 30/08/2022 09:54

The wheels are twin spoke mate so in that case I'd guess they are turbo plus. Bodywork wise its a decent example, bits of rust here and there and I'm a little afraid of taking the side skirts off for fear of what I may find. I know there's rust under the boot floor but so far all the rust I've actually found doesn't appear too severe! Mechanically however there's a fair bit I need to do. I've got timing and aux etc to do, I've got tensioners to replace, an oil leak to chase down. A possible gearbox leak and a likely soon to fail turbo so she's currently off the road. Depending how its secured I may well remove the spoiler down the line. Only on 97k as well!
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: Body kit stuff - 30/08/2022 16:53

It looks to me like the front bumper is a Plus one and the rear might be too. Cannot see the side skirts though.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Body kit stuff - 30/08/2022 17:21

Originally Posted by french_coupe
It looks to me like the front bumper is a Plus one and the rear might be too. Cannot see the side skirts though.

The front and rear bumpers are the standard ones, lips on the front just like mines which is not a plus.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Body kit stuff - 30/08/2022 19:55

Looks like a full LE/Plus kit of front lips and side skirts, probably aftermarket glass fibre from AutoDS or similar. Not sure about the rear spoiler, it does look similar to the Fiat Accessories item, but I don't recall that having an extta third brake light.

Is the registration Pxxx CCF by any chance? If so, it could be one of the first batch of around 20 x 20v/20vt cars registered by Fiat UK for their press fleet, many of which were featured in comptemporary magazine test reports.

Re: Body kit stuff - 30/08/2022 20:34

Originally Posted by DaveG
Looks like a full LE/Plus kit of front lips and side skirts, probably aftermarket glass fibre from AutoDS or similar. Not sure about the rear spoiler, it does look similar to the Fiat Accessories item, but I don't recall that having an extta third brake light.

Is the registration Pxxx CCF by any chance? If so, it could be one of the first batch of around 20 x 20v/20vt cars registered by Fiat UK for their press fleet, many of which were featured in comptemporary magazine test reports.

Thats actually very interesting, the plate is as such, truth be told I hadn't noticed I'd uploaded the plate censored to be honest, didn't realise that could be a possibility however!
Posted By: szkom

Re: Body kit stuff - 30/08/2022 21:04

Spoiler looks like the ms design spoiler on the autods website
Posted By: daithi28

Re: Body kit stuff - 31/08/2022 10:44

AudoDS MS Style Boot Spoiler
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK