Fiat Coupe Club UK

How to persaude the Mrs?

Posted By: respace

How to persaude the Mrs? - 13/09/2022 21:33

I think we should start a new thread and perhaps a' How to' persaude the other half that it is a good idea to spend even more money on the coop. I can see a couple of you are having similar problems, I bought mine for about £1600 a couple of years ago spent £5-6K on it and it's still worth about £1600, not a great investment especially given it's still got hot temperature issues.
Maybe a psychiatric/counselling thread? Given it's hot temperature maybe medication?
Posted By: jimboy

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 14/09/2022 07:52

Aye! This is the thing about these cars, they are addictive as we all know, and to keep them going can be expensive at times.It it what it is. I consider my self very fortunate indeed as my wife who does question me at times about the upkeep of the Coupe, but she herself tells me it’s not the best idea to get rid of it. There are certain things I can still tackle on my Coupe, but major jobs I can’t. What I tell the little lady is no birthday or Christmas presents for me, this helps a wee bit.
Posted By: williamsdad

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 14/09/2022 08:17

Im of the opinion that the longer you keep it the better 'value' it becomes ... ive lashed about £10k on mine over 5 years ... that's only £2k per year which isnt too bad when compared to the depreciation on my wifes Audi :-)
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 14/09/2022 08:51

It's the gentle reminders of all the other things you might be splashing out on - ciggies, hifi, bevvy, flashy togs etc - which help put the comparatively harmless Coupé addiction into perspective smile
Posted By: respace

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 14/09/2022 12:23

Helpful advice, however Coop addiction costs have led to lottery gambling, and more than few bevvies when it goes wrong! No ciggies or flash togs though.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 14/09/2022 13:04

One of the advantages of working on the myriad of coupé-related issues/niggles is that one spends most of one's time in non-flashy togs laugh
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 14/09/2022 14:25

I guess I am lucky the broom yellow coupe is the better half's so no problem when it comes to spending money on her car!

Interestingly Saturday just gone was 25 years since she first picked the coupe up brand new. Still going strong.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 14/09/2022 23:05

I'm lucky that the Mrs let's me just get on with it. Or am I lucky, cos I'm now skint.... ?? chinny

Mine is also worth peanuts so finding it very hard to justify the £2 - £3k on a full respray that it desperately needs.

I just tell myself that the stuff I'm learning along the way is priceless. wink
Posted By: PaulL

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 15/09/2022 05:54

French Coupe

That's wonderful !
Posted By: Trappy

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 15/09/2022 07:25

Any tips for convincing yourself it's worth spending even more money on the Coupé?
Posted By: Begbie

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 15/09/2022 07:44

Originally Posted by Trappy
Any tips for convincing yourself it's worth spending even more money on the Coupé?

I'm listening too laugh Although I'm waiting till the little one starts school so not throwing money hand over fist on childcare costs
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 15/09/2022 16:54

Go for it Toby. You have done everything else in the last couple of years.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: How to persaude the Mrs? - 15/09/2022 17:06

Originally Posted by french_coupe
Go for it Toby. You have done everything else in the last couple of years.

It'll probably explode as soon as its finished.
biglaugh blabla biglaugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK