Fiat Coupe Club UK

this is my last activity, signing out for good.

Posted By: Anonymous

this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 17/09/2022 19:28

as above. signing out for good after this post. now our cars are getting older everyone has lost interest or just cant be bothered to get off that toxic poisoness antisocial thing called facebook and take 2 minutes to check out the forum once ina while. so take care everyone. goodbye. WOULD APPRECIATE IF THE MODERATOR/ADMIN SEE THIS AND CLOSE MY ACCOUNT also.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 17/09/2022 21:26

mooney your post concerning Polgavito has been withdrawn as the forum does not tolerate this type of confrontational language

Also please refrain from your use of capital letters as you have agreed to in the Forum Rules. If you didn't read them there is a link very near the bottom of this page.

You are most welcome to participate here and learn from experts' experience otherwise.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 17/09/2022 22:26

Just stay off Facebook and stay on here. You've only just joined this forum, so give it a chance.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 18/09/2022 04:49

Good grief that didn’t take long then. Admittedly as already said it is rather slow on here now. We haven’t had a rant like this for some time have we? Facebook ain’t the answer either it will make you feel worse in the end. The Coupes are getting rarer now and as said again you have to spend to keep the beasties alive. I’ve been on here for about fifteen years and witnessed the good the bad and the very bad. Human nature at its best and worst can be a bit sad and entertaining at the same time. Letting off steam is one thing, being rude is quite another thing altogether.
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 18/09/2022 05:17

Over many years this forum has been invaluable to me. I have managed to keep my wife’s coupe going strong for 25 years.
I have also met some fantastic people through this forum.
I did try Facebook but didn’t get on with it.
Shame you are leaving but each to their own. Good luck.
Posted By: clanger

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 18/09/2022 08:48

Pity you are leaving, this forum is a stronger place with people that do their own maintenance otherwise it simply becomes a yellow pages for paid services.

Leaving will not improve things, the opposite in fact.

Personally I only post now once I have exhausted the search function, I seem to remember seeing posts regarding ICV replacements...
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 22/09/2022 09:35

I've posted 3 times in the last 4 years
but i do log in every day.

Maybe we should all be forced to write a least 1 post per week to keep things moving a bit more.

I don't do social media (only this forum) it's on the most part toxic, unnecessary and not how humans were meant to go through life.
Posted By: PaulL

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 22/09/2022 10:04

Good idea.

Maybe even once a month, to avoid having to tell everyone about the cat enjoying lying on the car !

I would enjoy hearing about what other owners have done to their cars, however simple.

I bought a tin of Humbrol chrome silver paint yesterday.
I intend touching up the Pininfarina lettering on the car sides.
I'll have to get down low, and close, to ensure that I make a good job of it.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 22/09/2022 10:13

Originally Posted by clanger
Leaving will not improve things, the opposite in fact.

....... Believe me when I say this is a good thing and the forum has dodged a bullet!
Posted By: jimboy

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 22/09/2022 10:35

This forum suits me just fine, like others who are passionate about their Coupe problems can be found and remedied, a wee bit of craic thrown in at times. I actually stopped visiting a certain car forum several months ago for the petty attitude some were showing. If it wasn’t their chosen car all other vehicle were deemed crap basically. Not all were of that attitude but there was enough to make me walk. Obviously it was a certain age group who were making ridiculous claims. Silly things were being said and arguments would ensue some would be so stupid long threads would happen about just nonsense. The forum used to be OK some years ago but over time it’s become so predictable. Perhaps with age I find it tedious the same squabbles and information and ideas that are just wrong. I used to throw in a bit of humour now I can’t be arsed. There’s still a few good men left there good luck to them.
Posted By: jaaps2

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 22/09/2022 15:54

The forum is fine. A 25 year old car is a hobby, no rush ...
Posted By: Sayers

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 22/09/2022 17:04

Im new to the Forum and Coupe ownership, I find responses quick and more importantly, helpful. Without the support here I would be seriously disadvantaged, and furthermore, without guidance given by Joe at FCCS for free, I would be proper scuppered.

All in all, good people and great knowledge, and a special shout out to Carmine, he has gone above and beyond to help me, not easy given English is not his first language.

Sayers
Posted By: Robotrish

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 22/09/2022 18:50

Been dormant myself, probably because as mentioned on previous threads the car is not a daily driver anymore, more a Sunday summer driver when you can afford to get it up and running . I think you get more involved if you have a daily runner
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 28/09/2022 19:38

I seem to remember seeing posts regarding ICV replacements...

Here you are - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334521105250?hash=item4de302fb62%3Ag%3AaL8AAOSws6Ji6buW&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoLrn%2F5GRBGaaquj1OVN5TvReQD7AEsacuH1WPaAKIt7nby03IIfLzSZVg0QsbUit26yjcYGsucWYPfHu89trdNhKPHPMQ5pOhmhtK%2F%2FLu64519GgryQE36UO1kBgiPa6DLj1ZYCFKFreoMP1EqpbqRy6RvtlIRlXhe9VmhAEG5jubjDqHann1B%2BYrCGHdLNSZBRhT82IRBj8fXzlpPpAWZI%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8b5jNnwYA&LH_ItemCondition=3

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 28/09/2022 19:47

cheers mate got a 2nd hand bosch one.
Posted By: clanger

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 28/09/2022 20:07

Originally Posted by ScouseCoupe
I seem to remember seeing posts regarding ICV replacements...

Here you are - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334521105250?hash=item4de302fb62%3Ag%3AaL8AAOSws6Ji6buW&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoLrn%2F5GRBGaaquj1OVN5TvReQD7AEsacuH1WPaAKIt7nby03IIfLzSZVg0QsbUit26yjcYGsucWYPfHu89trdNhKPHPMQ5pOhmhtK%2F%2FLu64519GgryQE36UO1kBgiPa6DLj1ZYCFKFreoMP1EqpbqRy6RvtlIRlXhe9VmhAEG5jubjDqHann1B%2BYrCGHdLNSZBRhT82IRBj8fXzlpPpAWZI%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8b5jNnwYA&LH_ItemCondition=3

Not for me. It was meant as encouragement to mooney to do some research using the forum search function and answer his own question. As it happens I gave him search results off this forum in another thread. You can lead a horse to water....

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 28/09/2022 20:12

i actually tried a brand new intermotor one but the car didnt take to it well. but then i only had it on for a couple of mins max to try it out. the bosch 2nd hand one is perfect so far tho.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 30/09/2022 07:56

Originally Posted by mooney
as above. signing out for good after this post. now our cars are getting older everyone has lost interest or just cant be bothered to get off that toxic poisoness antisocial thing called facebook and take 2 minutes to check out the forum once ina while. so take care everyone. goodbye. WOULD APPRECIATE IF THE MODERATOR/ADMIN SEE THIS AND CLOSE MY ACCOUNT also.

What happened?

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 30/09/2022 08:03

Originally Posted by Submariner
What happened?

Eureka moment smile
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 04/10/2022 20:45

Throw him in the Naughty boys area with AndrewR and Brewster! Ah, they were the good old days tongue

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 04/10/2022 20:54

aaaand people are still commenting on a dead post that should of been deleted upon my activity that follows on after this thread. 🙄😏
Posted By: Morrison

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 05/10/2022 13:41

Can we have a popcorn emojigifthing? Please?

Or perhaps the coupe Vs thread back?

On topic, hope you feel better soon Mooney, don't let the burgers grind you down. I'm on a few group's on Facebook, but that mainly to buy opals and drool at pics of coupes. To use Facebook as intended, it sucks, full of trash and clickbait.
Posted By: Jamiepm

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 05/10/2022 13:54

Coupe vs thread, ha ha I remember Welformed and the magic 3rd gear

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 05/10/2022 13:58

Originally Posted by Morrison
Can we have a popcorn emojigifthing? Please?

Or perhaps the coupe Vs thread back?

On topic, hope you feel better soon Mooney, don't let the burgers grind you down. I'm on a few group's on Facebook, but that mainly to buy opals and drool at pics of coupes. To use Facebook as intended, it sucks, full of trash and clickbait.

There's a connection there somewhere laugh

Opals? Is this a hobby? (perhaps needs a new thread confused )
Posted By: Morrison

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 05/10/2022 14:06

laugh yes maybe faceache is the place for the popcorn. Opal hobby indeed, prob best for another hobby thread.

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 05/10/2022 14:09

Originally Posted by Morrison
Opal hobby indeed, prob best for another hobby thread.

Diverting to "General Chat" in expectation... read

Re: this is my last activity, signing out for good. - 05/10/2022 14:12

cheers morrison, couldn't agree more. they should remove the toxic poisoness social posting side of things and just have it as a marketplace.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK