Fiat Coupe Club UK

Engine undertray missing

Posted By: Andrew20V

Engine undertray missing - 22/09/2022 19:00

I've noticed my car's undertray is missing. As an aside I'm not expecting to use my car in the rain. What's the general consensus on whether or not an undertray is necessary?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Engine undertray missing - 22/09/2022 19:10

It's designed to protect the engine, whether from excess water, stones or anything else that might be kicked up.

There is one going up here but transport would be a challenge.
Posted By: clanger

Re: Engine undertray missing - 22/09/2022 19:15

I would never run this car without an undertray. When I bought mine the undertray was fitted but a small "hatch" cover was missing. When I went to check the belts I found a small stone wedged into the aux belt idler pulley and it had ground a grove in to the center of the pulley that was only getting bigger each time the engine was started. I am convinced this stone got in via the missing undertray "hatch".

Take a look under your car and see how venerable the belts are without the undertray.
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Engine undertray missing - 23/09/2022 02:03

I am convinced that the undertray not only serves as a protective cover but also helps in aero. I have ran with and without before and the difference is quite remarkable.
Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Re: Engine undertray missing - 24/09/2022 07:50

I think i have two or three undertrays 'in stock' if anyone wants to buy one
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Engine undertray missing - 24/09/2022 08:08

Originally Posted by jonnyboy54321
I think i have two or three undertrays 'in stock' if anyone wants to buy one

Pop this in Parts for Sale please thumb
Posted By: kyotopidge

Re: Engine undertray missing - 21/10/2023 04:51

Hi there. I know this is a whole year later, but only just started work on my LE. Do you happen to know where I might find a front and rear!? Thanks from Kyoto. Hamish.
Posted By: Mags

Re: Engine undertray missing - 21/10/2023 07:17

Autodoc
Posted By: kyotopidge

Re: Engine undertray missing - 25/10/2023 02:04

Much obliged. Thanks.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK