Fiat Coupe Club UK

Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough

Posted By: phil16vturbo

Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough - 10/01/2023 23:15

I had an enjoyable day out today at Curborough sprint course near Lichfield as l had volunteered to take my 16v turbo to the photo shoot as l live within 20miles of the course. The day started very wet with heavy rain falling as we all arrived at the circuit to be met by Ross the journalist and Jordan the photographer.
In attendance was a varied selection of 6 cars, an Aston Martin DB7 volante, Alpine GTA V6, Rolls Royce silver spur, Lotus Esprit 180, BMW325i cabriolet and my Coupe.
The day started with the static photos being taken in the rain which was a bit unfortunate, but as the rain eased later in the morning the group static photos where taken before heading onto the track after lunch.
It was a good day, very interesting and nice to speak to like minded people who had a love of their cars.
After all the photos were taken Ross drove each car on the track for a few laps to get a feel of them to assist him in writing the article. He appeared to enjoy driving the Coupe arriving back in the paddock with a broad grin.
The article is likely to be published in March or April's edition of Classic Car Magazine.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough - 11/01/2023 08:00

Phil, many thanks for keeping the Club's profile up in this way and glad you felt the time was both profitable and enjoyable.

Looking forward to seeing the results in 2 or 3 months' time - perhaps you could give us a heads-up if you have any advance notice smile
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough - 11/01/2023 10:47

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Phil, many thanks for keeping the Club's profile up in this way and glad you felt the time was both profitable and enjoyable.

Looking forward to seeing the results in 2 or 3 months' time - perhaps you could give us a heads-up if you have any advance notice smile

Sounds like a wet but enjoyable day Phil, well done thumb

Re: Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough - 11/01/2023 11:16

Yes it was a long day, but enjoyable shame it wasn't a day like we have this morning tho, dry and sunny here this morning.
If l have any advance notice of publication l will certainly post it on the forum. 👍
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough - 11/01/2023 18:41

I'm so pleased that you had a fab day.

But remember what journalists are like. I hope that you didn't mention your big brother snapping your necklace !

Re: Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough - 11/01/2023 20:09

No he was a nice guy and an Italian car fan so should be ok hopefully.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Classic car magazine photo shoot Curborough - 12/01/2023 09:11

I am pleased to report that when my coupe was featured some years ago along with a representative sample of other coupes, the part discussing mine began "The perfect car..."

Admittedly, the next words were "...to begin with" but hey, I'll take what I can get laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK