Fiat Coupe Club UK

Sunshine

Posted By: PaulL

Sunshine - 20/02/2023 15:31

Wonderful drive around this morning, taking grand daughter to football training.

Coupe seemed to enjoy the sunshine !
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Sunshine - 21/02/2023 11:57

Great to hear!

As the song goes- its been a long, cold lonely winter - hopefully some global warming will start now as the sun returns!

Its what coupes were made for!

Regards

MM
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Sunshine - 21/02/2023 12:46

Thanks for the upbeat post Paul.

We are on the cusp of restarting our monthly meets "oop 'ere" and might even tempt some coupés out of their snug winter nest in early March (although it's more likely to be April)!
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Sunshine - 21/02/2023 13:10

I've been using mine a bit this winter.

I even took it out to Brooklands for the museum's New Years Day meet.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Sunshine - 21/02/2023 15:22

Hats off to your PeteP and all that continue to use there's all the seasons.

Mine venture out about 3 times- low temperatures don't bother me but I avoid wet salted winter roads like the plague. In a desperate attempt to keep the rot away.

Regards,

MM
Posted By: Jamiepm

Re: Sunshine - 21/02/2023 15:56

Whilst I'm about a month away from getting mine all finished off, and even though I've treated the whole underside of the car.

I will still probably SORN the car between October and February to avoid the worst of the salt/bad weather conditions that will try to undo the work I've done

Cheers Jamie
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Sunshine - 22/02/2023 09:24

I use mine most days for thr School run and general motoring 2k a year...she is still in good nick. Not interested in preserving it anymore just using maintaining and enjoying; im of the opinion the rust issues set in early on in any cars life and most will rot out whatever the weather conditions its used in now if its there......for a 26 year old car it has had no welding but rear jacking points have now gone so being done this week....if and when a huge bill hits she's going...all the time its a few hundred im happy to keep her.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK