Fiat Coupe Club UK

Therapy Forum?

Posted By: respace

Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 16:39

It always distresses me the amount of time newbies spend trying to sort all their issues on their new purchase, what seemed like a good idea sinks into a hell hole very quickly. Those of us resilient and financially able to survive the initial onslaught of coop disasters are prone to constant reminders and ongoing paranoia at every squeak, rattle, MOT etc for fear of what happens next. But still we go on, what sort of madness is this? Obviously we don't learn as we keep coming back to the evil attraction.

My 16vt was owned by a psychiatrist, she had some delusional issues as she kept all the service records in a red Ferrari folder, so she wasn't immune to it either.

Maybe we should start a therapy forum or maybe we have one already? Dear Dr Joe, I've been thinking of buying a coop can you help?
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 16:47

So true.

But I think that Joe would go ex directory.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 16:55

Originally Posted by PaulL
So true.

But I think that Joe would go ex directory.

laugh

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 16:56

Originally Posted by respace
It always distresses me the amount of time newbies spend trying to sort all their issues on their new purchase, what seemed like a good idea sinks into a hell hole very quickly. Those of us resilient and financially able to survive the initial onslaught of coop disasters are prone to constant reminders and ongoing paranoia at every squeak, rattle, MOT etc for fear of what happens next. But still we go on, what sort of madness is this? Obviously we don't learn as we keep coming back to the evil attraction.

My 16vt was owned by a psychiatrist, she had some delusional issues as she kept all the service records in a red Ferrari folder, so she wasn't immune to it either.

Maybe we should start a therapy forum or maybe we have one already? Dear Dr Joe, I've been thinking of buying a coop can you help?

It could always be worse, read some of the Range Rover forums and you'll feel a lot better about owner a Fiat Coupe, there you go therapy session finished for today, that'll be £50.00 please smile
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 17:45

Originally Posted by Countrycruising

It could always be worse, read some of the Range Rover forums and you'll feel a lot better about owner a Fiat Coupe, there you go therapy session finished for today, that'll be £50.00 please smile

rofl

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 17:55

Obviously we don't learn as we keep coming back to the evil attraction.

Maybe we should start a therapy forum or maybe we have one already?

I'm not happy with our beloved coops being called evil!

Actually the General Chat (as well as Coupé Related Chat) used to be full of "agony aunt" type questions but perhaps all the concerns have been "therapied" as it's been a while.... smile

Rob, I'll propose you as the recipient of any future therapy request as you're never stuck for a bit of thinking outside the box laugh
Posted By: Andrew20V

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 17:57

If you buy a coop thinking you've bought a car of course you'll have mental issues! love My brother keeps chickens in his.

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 22:54

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Obviously we don't learn as we keep coming back to the evil attraction.

Maybe we should start a therapy forum or maybe we have one already?

I'm not happy with our beloved coops being called evil!

Actually the General Chat (as well as Coupé Related Chat) used to be full of "agony aunt" type questions but perhaps all the concerns have been "therapied" as it's been a while.... smile

Rob, I'll propose you as the recipient of any future therapy request as you're never stuck for a bit of thinking outside the box laugh

Simon too true I'm a therapist of sorts but never got to the bottom of coop ownership it's some sort of masochistic additction that i can't figure out , cognitive dissonance. you know it's bad for you you but you don't stop a bit like smoking, that'll be another £50 by the way.

Re: Therapy Forum? - 15/03/2023 23:33

This could soon out-do the Free Money thread chinny
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Therapy Forum? - 16/03/2023 13:42

You will find equally terrible tales on the Porsche Owners forums. And TVR. And Aston Martin. Champagne lifestyles on lemonade money usually only works for the first real hard drive...!

I bought mine from a Advertising Agency Manager....he had got bored with his cheap Coupe (complete with Ferrari leather key fob!!!!) when he had just bought himself a 911 930 (the first 911 Turbo)......!

When it gets too much for me...I do tend to head down to FCSS (need to book in with you Joe-fully aware, just back to back busy at work at present) usually when I have "had a go" at something and made a hash of it!. And let Joe get rid of the stress.

If I'm feeling really depressed with the mounting costs of keeping the old girl - I look at how many are left (458 20v turbo's last legally registered on the road in quarter 3 of 2022!...They are becoming rarer and rarer! And try and keep the faith!

Mad times.

Regards

MM
Posted By: Jamiepm

Re: Therapy Forum? - 16/03/2023 15:43

we need a catchphrase for Joe, for the lottery there used to be Mystic Meg....

I wonder what people can think of that has a rhyming ring to it?????

I'll let someone else start this off, in case I get myself in trouble!!!

Cheers Jamie

Re: Therapy Forum? - 16/03/2023 16:48

Wagon Wheel Wizard

Re: Therapy Forum? - 16/03/2023 16:56

Upton-o-good

Re: Therapy Forum? - 16/03/2023 16:58

Knight Rider
Posted By: Alansclark

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 09:44

Or Jaguar. I had a 2014 XF, they had a major issue with water leaking from washer pump, the water travels up the wiring into main fuse box and runs down the inside of fuse box and blows the main ECU. £3K to repair. Jaguar redesigned the pump and only replaced them if being serviced by main dealer. I replaced the pump myself.

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 09:45

Wagon Wheel Wizard

laugh

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 11:12

Self-counselling Indicator

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 12:28

Self-counselling Indicator

Oh that was terrible Simon laugh

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 12:43

bowtie

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 13:02

Knight nurse ?

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 13:05

I like that one

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 13:06

Knight Rider

So now he needs to fit that sweeping LED red light to the front of his Coupe laugh

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 13:32

Originally Posted by PaulL
Knight nurse ?

Nice!

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 14:24

Say what you like about Range Rovers they do make better chicken coops.

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 15:43

Say what you like about Range Rovers they do make better chicken coops.

Yes but they're not at all Free Range.

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 17:14

Eggcitedly looking forward to a battery of egg puns, how appropriate with Easter around the corner!

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 18:03

You'll need an album enticingly choc full of yolks.

See what you've started rolleyes laugh

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 18:24

Excuse me but if we look at the evidence I think you'll find 'free range' the earliest egg reference and Andrew20v started the whole chicken thing.

I was pointing out the potential traumatic mental health consequences of coop ownership, now everyone's 'cracked up'.

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 18:34

Ok I'll go back into my shell laugh

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/03/2023 22:31

I suspect there may be a yoke in there somewhere but you may have poached it, maybe just a scotch egg?

Re: Therapy Forum? - 23/03/2023 21:52

Seems this thread has gone off the boil, given the scarity of new threads I thought I might try to scramble up some interest.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Therapy Forum? - 26/03/2023 08:53

Obviously, om lette to the fight...

Re: Therapy Forum? - 26/03/2023 09:37

Originally Posted by barnacle

Hens the late reply?

Re: Therapy Forum? - 26/03/2023 16:06

I'll see if I can curry up any interest.

Edwina, can you help ?

Re: Therapy Forum? - 27/03/2023 15:15

Originally Posted by barnacle

The Chevrolet Omlette?

Re: Therapy Forum? - 14/04/2023 15:10

Well others have fried - but failed,

My turn to poach in- to try and get this all back on track.

MM

Re: Therapy Forum? - 14/04/2023 17:34

Now Easter is over I think we may have egghausted that thread. TBH it was a diversion from the original topic, my recent experience might require a return to the therapy theme!

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/04/2023 09:42

No worries Respace,

I can see the yoke is over.

But it was a cracking at the time!

We all need to keep smiling re Coupe ownership. From ULEZ or parts finding...its getting harder and harder out there!

Regards all,

MM

Re: Therapy Forum? - 17/04/2023 10:12

A for effort, you guys thumb

also for albumen wobble

Re: Therapy Forum? - 18/04/2023 15:05

A for effort, you guys thumb

also for albumen wobble

Once a teacher...............

Re: Therapy Forum? - 18/04/2023 15:09

My favourite is

'Ay for 'orses laugh

followed by

B-eef or mutton

not to mention

Sea-forth 'ighlanders...

etc

Re: Therapy Forum? - 18/04/2023 15:12

Baldrick's what does motorbike start with?
V, motorbikes start with a vroom.

Re: Therapy Forum? - 18/04/2023 18:44

De-fer-ential
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK