Fiat Coupe Club UK

My old car for sale on the ebay

Posted By: mr_tickle

My old car for sale on the ebay - 05/10/2023 09:35

I have an alert on fleabay for Plus's and LE's for sale just for interest.
Today I was quite surprised to one of my previous cars on there.
I sold my speed red Plus in 2011 to Patch234 who sold it on to Bear135i
Lost sight of it then.
Advert says runs but rusty, the rear arches were rusty when I sold it so either it has been restored in that area since or its now very rusty there, plus grill replaced with an LE grille and the recaro seats have been replaced with standard ones.
Would love to buy it back as speed red plus are uber rare, but don't think the wife will allow me to have two!
Posted By: adam16vt

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 05/10/2023 12:25

I went to look at this as it was fairly local

Both the sills are rotten, the side skirts have been screwed on, there’s a rust hole appearing under one of the pininfarina badges

It was in a really sorry state sadly
Posted By: PaulL

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 05/10/2023 21:43

Went for £ 1119

Surely worth that in parts if you had the space, time and inclination ?
Posted By: respace

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 06/10/2023 14:23

Very sad when you think of all the time, effort and money to keep it going all these years, let's hope it's gone to someone with a good welder and a fat wallett!
Posted By: BearM135i

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 15/10/2023 19:37

Been a while, but I check in occasionally. Hello to all.

Thats brought back some good memories. Had a good time in that coupe. The body needed some work when I had it, so not surprised 'Adam 16v vt' from what you found.

Hopefully the new owner sorts it. Mechanically it should hopefully be reasonable as patch did a load of work on welding the boot, and had front and rear subframes sorted, together with lots of other stuff. That's one of the reason I brought it on my short nostalgia trip. The guy I brought it from also looked after it.

I had the belts done, full service, new clutch, tyres, radiator and a few other bits like adding a plus grill and putting the clock back in. £1000's spent. The engine had good compression at the time as Joe checked it over. Handling was great as had lowering springs and had some get up and go.

But that was 2016.... as you all know coupes need looking after just like any car that old. Hopefully the new owner sees fit to bring it back to life.

I always keep and eye on coupes as still like the idea of owning another. There are a few nice plus versions for sale and i have to stop myself from buying another 😀.

Enjoy. Nothing like a coupe...
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 16/10/2023 08:08

I hope this one doesn't end up being a spares car, the Red Plus must be the rarest colour now.
Posted By: BearM135i

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 21/10/2023 10:21

A couple of old pics from 2016. Enjoy the sights of a rare red plus.

Attached picture Screenshot_20231021_111728_Gallery.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20231021_111707_Gallery.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20231021_111825_Gallery.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20231021_111804_Gallery.jpg
Posted By: PaulL

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 21/10/2023 21:36

They are lovely aren't they
Posted By: Daley82

Re: My old car for sale on the ebay - 22/10/2023 12:43

Its a real shame they go a certain way.

Unfortunately when any car gets so low in price people buy them but don't want to or cant afford to maintain them and they just end up going too far an uneconomical to bring back.

This is why the club is so important and we keep these cars going
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK