Fiat Coupe Club UK

Bonnet has cleft lip!

Posted By: Anonymous

Bonnet has cleft lip! - 03/10/2006 17:55

I suppose it had to happen eventually.

Finished playing footie on Sunday. We won 5-0. That's the good news. Came back to this.

bonnet

Now that i've calmed down some, I suppose my question is what can I do to fix it and how much is it gonna cost me?
Posted By: JimO

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 03/10/2006 17:59

Difficult to repair there as its double skinned at that point and hard to get too, I guess maybe a good dent man would have a go, but there would be no guarentee that it would go altogether
Posted By: Emjay

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 03/10/2006 18:03

Speak to Suba - IIRC think he may be able to give some useful advice

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 03/10/2006 18:04

easy peasy. 250 we would charge!

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 03/10/2006 19:22

When my next door neighbour rammed her car into my first coop (she started it in gear) the depth and overall dimensions of the dent you have look similar.

The bodyshop made an invisible repair. Apparently they tack-welded a rod to the centre of the dent and then pulled it out as much as possible. Then skimmed it with filler.

I promise, you couldn't see where the repair was.

It's a shame they sprayed the bonnet, front and rear bumpers orange. The car was only six months old!!
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 04/10/2006 05:52

Bingo ...... Have you tried T Cut

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 04/10/2006 13:53

Quote:

Apparently they tack-welded a rod to the centre of the dent and then pulled it out as much as possible. Then skimmed it with filler. :

That's the method most good bodyshops would use. My body shop used a similar method when someone drove into my passenger door. Perfect finish, and the job should be so good you won't be able to tell where it was damaged.

The only downside is for a proper repair the bonnet will need a full re-spray, (blending wouldn't look so good in one area), that may mean it could be a bit pricey. On the plus side, if you have stone chips, they'll all be covered after the work!

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 04/10/2006 19:04

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:

carlt, how exactly would you fix it?
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Bonnet has cleft lip! - 04/10/2006 19:09

Quote:

Thanks for the replies.

Quote: