Fiat Coupe Club UK

Exhaust options

Posted By: Anonymous

Exhaust options - 07/10/2006 13:01

I've been reading a number of the Exhaust threads, without coming to a conlusion. I want to replace the standard exhaust on my car with one that is going to last, so I want to go down the stainless steel route. My other requirements are listed below, any suggestions on the best option?

1. I want a stainless steel exhaust, to replace the mild steel one on the car

2. I do not want one that makes me sound like I'm driving a race car or a tank

3. I do not want one that has a Baked Bean can on the end

4. I want to fit it myself given the option, or be able to get it delivered and take it to someone local

5. I don't want to have to swap bit's at MOT time

6. I want to replace as much of the old exhaust as is likely to rust, so I'm guessing Turbo back, but would appreciate any suggestions

Posted By: EDz

Re: Exhaust options - 07/10/2006 15:39

You should go get one custom made , thats the only way you will be happy with it Powerflow make them on your car with the sound you want and the tail pipe you would like You need to do it from the cat back though
Posted By: mattB

Re: Exhaust options - 07/10/2006 16:23

I dont think the downpipes generally have an issue with rust, apart from maybe at the flexis joint welds.

The exhaust i originally had on my car (and is now on Craigs) is stainless steel, but just a copy of the OE system.

I could possibly find a receipt for where it was purchased from.

Re: Exhaust options - 07/10/2006 20:35

Che, I'd either consider going for the Blueflame cat back system or if you like perhaps a trip to Turriff Tyres for a Powerflow.

Re: Exhaust options - 07/10/2006 21:00

The Powerflow was looking like the best option, but with so many different systems being talked about here on the forum it's a little confusing to ascertain which is going to be best for a particular application.

So, that being said, what are the advantages of the straight through, de-cat systems that seem to be all the rage? I think the noise would be enough to put me off, but I'm guessing there is some advantage to these. Do you not loose back pressure with these?

Re: Exhaust options - 07/10/2006 21:08

I've got a decat on mine and it does sound good. However, I think the majority of folk would not recommend it on the standard turbo as it’s meant to have a negative affect on the turbo oil seals.

Re: Exhaust options - 07/10/2006 21:13

Indeed, I wouldn't go for a de-cat on the standard tubby as I doubt the seals will last that long due to less back pressure. Noise, well I'd like to think my system isn't that loud, MattB has the racing cat as appose to my de-cat and his system is slightly quieter. The Blueflame comes highly recommended, I think Rog rates the welds and quality very highly indeed.

Re: Exhaust options - 08/10/2006 14:20

just heard the Powerflow system on adder58's Plus.

Sounds awesome.

If you are retaining the factory cat then I would personally go with this.

I think it sounds much nicer than my Blueflame de-cat system

Re: Exhaust options - 08/10/2006 16:28

I would suggest getting a custom system with a race cat. But then again i have a loud exhaust which im happy with.

Ross
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK