Fiat Coupe Club UK

Got bored

Posted By: stan

Got bored - 08/10/2006 22:42

Well, today I went to change the rocker cover gasket, only once I removed the rocker cover and unwrapped the new gasket did I notice that Fiat had given me the wrong one

Still, the day wasn't completely wasted.........

before

after

Only another 327 jobs to go and she might be back on the road...........
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Got bored - 09/10/2006 01:42

Wheres your Turbo Stan

Looks good fella! When you planning to have her up and running?
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Got bored - 09/10/2006 05:38

lol they did that to me too, the numpties. Took the rocker cover off, cleaned everything, painted rocker cover, got gasket out of bag - 4 pot gasket

You can always trust Fiat

Re: Got bored - 09/10/2006 14:16

Twisty: thanks, the plan is to have everything finished for June/July next year...........ish!

C2D; yep! it's a 16v gasket, looks dead small and cute beside the 5 pots!
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Got bored - 09/10/2006 17:44

The tw4t Fiat dealers did that to me too, except it was with a crank for my rebuild.

HOW is it possible to mistake a 16VT crank for a 20VT?

Moral - ALWAYS check your purchase before you leave the premises.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Got bored - 09/10/2006 17:47

Quote:

HOW is it possible to mistake a 16VT crank for a 20VT?

hahahaha, they must not understand that a crank for a four cylinder car cannot be used in conjunction with a 5 cylinder car.

Re: Got bored - 09/10/2006 18:01

Quote:

Moral - ALWAYS check your purchase before you leave the premises.

yep! That's a lesson I've now learned. Funny thing is, the gasket was the only part out of several that I didn't give them the part number for: everything else I'd spent time looking up on eper and noting part numbers. They got really stroppy about me having a copy of eper too..............and then I pointed out that I'd saved them time looking for numbers and would accept any mistakes that I'd made with the numbers. Thankfully they will swap it FOC for the correct one as it wasn't my fault this time.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK