Fiat Coupe Club UK

A new "low" for a Plus?

Posted By: Anonymous

A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 17:39

In Autotrader last week, a W-reg Electric blue Plus sold for £5.500. It had 36k on the clock, full history, belts just done and looked (admittedly just from the pics/ prose) in good nick. The guy needed a quick sale, it was private.

This sort of price is usually commensurate with a car with 70k+ on the clock. Just wondering both how this example stacks up against the current late 6's/ LE's currently on sale and how long it shall be before a Plus like this dips under 5k - if it does at all.

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 17:45

wow who ever got that coupe got one heck of a good deal.

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 17:46

Tell me about it. I was bloody gutted. It looked a minter. Was only on sale for a few days. Didn't live near enough to get over there. Spoke to guy on the blower, he seemed genuine enough.

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 17:52

doesnt mean anything, people advertise any crap how they want.

whats to say its not cat c or d?????

Also mileage like that means nothing. Its not going to last any longer or cost less to run because its done "less miles"

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 17:55

I agree, generally if a car is cheap there's a reason for it. The odd one pops up that is genuine, but no one would give away a few grand for no reason.

The price of Plus's have come down a fair bit, which is good for me if/when I change my car When I bought my 16vt in 2001, I could only dream of getting a Plus, they were around (IIRC) £16k for a low miles minter

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 18:01

Yeh look at the red le you advertised for example.

looked the best ever.

in the flesh quite a different story!

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 18:05

low miles to me is more of a warning as its had shorter journeys in its life and possibly not checked every week for oil and maybe suffered more wear as a second car and abuse. high mile cars are generally used everyday and for a better distance to say work and back and thus get the check overs the need, kinda why mine went straight to motor mech when i checked on it and it was starting to look ill
Didnt even run the car down there just trailored her
Posted By: MCMike

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 18:14

I'm always suspicious of low milers, I assume they have been clocked - condition is everything. I mean the youngest Coops are now near enough 7 years old.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 18:23

We've seen a plus sold for 4K on AT some 6 months ago, so not a new low.

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 20:21

Well I sort of expected the whole "low-milers-mean-nowt" backlash. I did speak to the bloke, as I said, and he seemed particularly clued up. Of course, without seeing it, he could have been flying a kite, for sure. For what it's worth it was used frequently but didn't do huge miles. And it wasn't CAT C or D - I checked, obviously.

Fact is the guy - for whatever reason - needed the cash pronto. I'm sure everyone's got a view on that. I still think the premium for the late models are worthless, that's kinda what I'm alluding to. So, in that respect, I'm not a million miles away from what others have put here.

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 20:32

Quote:

. And it wasn't CAT C or D - I checked, obviously.

A hpi wont show everything.

Cars are cheap for a reason, he was obvioulsy the quick cash, but it doesnt mean the rest have to be priced to match.

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 20:35

Carl is right. I crashed a car of mines once which WOULD have been a cat d. Didnt go through insurance. Fixed it and sold it.

Ross

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 20:41

Quote:

Well I sort of expected the whole "low-milers-mean-nowt" backlash. I did speak to the bloke, as I said, and he seemed particularly clued up. Of course, without seeing it, he could have been flying a kite, for sure. For what it's worth it was used frequently but didn't do huge miles. And it wasn't CAT C or D - I checked, obviously.

Fact is the guy - for whatever reason - needed the cash pronto. I'm sure everyone's got a view on that. I still think the premium for the late models are worthless, that's kinda what I'm alluding to. So, in that respect, I'm not a million miles away from what others have put here.

I reckon he has probably bought another car or wants to buy another. The px valuations he has had have been laughable or the Coupe has been refused outright as a PX as the dealer can't get the value underwritten.

John

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 20:47

How does one check for CAT C/D etc other than via the HPI check, by the way? Just wondering, because my route wasn't solely that.

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 21:48

Well just obvious damage repair.

Mismatched painting (Not allways a sign), replacement slam panel etc (Not allways a sign but generally).

As long as it has been repaired properly it should be a problem though. Carl is the man to comment on this though!

Re: A new "low" for a Plus? - 09/10/2006 23:24

I spoke to the owner he sounded up front. It didnt go for £5500k thou... he had 3 viewings the night after it went on autotrader... he excepted the highest offer...over the asking price. He didnt tell me how much it went for thou
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK