Fiat Coupe Club UK

The last dance friday????

Posted By: Anonymous

The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 00:14

Well, looks like friday ill be breaking my last coupe.

Ive hacked so many i can totally destroy any model in under 4 hours, all gone!

Yep the ones left are repairers and ive had enough of parts now.

With a ban on ebay imposed by people that carnt hack the competition and the fact the parts have taken over everything, enough's enough.

Just too time consming for the rewards, too many unpleaseable silly customers & courier problems mean its just not worth it anymore.

Dont worry 99% of customers on here are great , its the new pikey owners popping up on ebay are the hassle, never at home for delivery, giving wrong adresses, ordering wrong parts, change of minds etc etc make it double the work.

So ill leave it to those breaking them in there garden wanting some pocket money.

Shame, but hey!

So ill be in the wanted section quite often.

Dont worry though ive got all the parts shelved, 5 bonnets, 10+ engines 25+ box's etc etc. Bar the shells and 20vt units i could build several so im ok for bits for a while.

Oh well.

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 00:35

thats a shame carlt, you've helped many coupe owners out on this forum, it will be missed
Posted By: barnacle

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 00:41

Please reassure me you'e still got my bits stashed away!

Neil

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 00:55

Quote:

Please reassure me you'e still got my bits stashed away!

Neil

Yeh all yours are no problem.
Posted By: cjh

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 01:01

And heres me thinking you were gonna get started on my "Build a coupe convertible project" !!!!

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 01:29

Sorry to hear that dude. Will be a loss

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:06

That's a shame Carl, you provide a really valuable service on here. I can understand why you've had enough though.

I hope you've still got that debadged Porofino bonnet in stock. I don't get paid for another two weeks but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:22

Thats bad news, can understand why though Carl.

Cheers for all the parts you got me though, did a fantastic service as far as i'm concerned.

Still haven't fitted those Brembo front calipers yet though, now they have been cleaned up they look
so i don't want to ruin them with brake dust - you said they were mint and you were right.

Cheers.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:23

He's only stopping cos there's only 6 coops left in the UK, although they are all impossibly mint having had the best bits of the now non-existant 6,000 from Carlt

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:23

Aw carl - you never had the chance to get your hands on mine :eek:
Posted By: AndyB

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:28

Hope this doesn't mean I can't order my parts now I've finally got the insurance and the bodyshop to OK it
Posted By: Brewster

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:29

It's a real shame to hear this Carl. I've always had good service from you for my parts and I'm feeling a little uneasy about where I'm gonna get them in the future.

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:43

Will you still be making whole ones Carl?

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 03:44

Why not build at least 5 coupes then from teh bits you have, put them back on the road and get rid of loads of bits at the same time and some shells

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 04:00

Quote:

Hope this doesn't mean I can't order my parts now I've finally got the insurance and the bodyshop to OK it

Nah no probs there, i doubt ill have any stock problems till after x-mas. Plenty to go around.

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 04:01

Quote:

Will you still be making whole ones Carl?

Doubtful, prices are too low and im repairing them and earning nothing, by the time ive done all the jobs and all the maintence there is no dosh to be made, only the buyer wins! Which is good, but there is only so many i can do.

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 04:03

Quote:

It's a real shame to hear this Carl. I've always had good service from you for my parts and I'm feeling a little uneasy about where I'm gonna get them in the future.

Yeh i thought about keeping a few around for forum users, you lot are great, i doubt many could fault me or the stuff send out, and your superb to deal with. Just the ebay lot are the nusence.

Mind you kept up 400 positive feedback!

Re: The last dance friday???? - 24/10/2006 11:30

gutted to hear this carl, getting mine back today from the paintshop with the bonnet and rear bumper sourced from you at great cost and quality, as you'd stated. Many thanks for the service, i agree with others who've said your absence will make us uneasy at sourcing stuff from now on. But good luck in what you'll do instead....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK