Fiat Coupe Club UK

The straw that broke the coupes back....

Posted By: Anonymous

The straw that broke the coupes back.... - 07/03/2007 21:28

Well, my coupe had been off the road for over 6months whilst I had a bit of a travel about, and then a bit of house buying action.

But sitting still did it no favours and I just paid about 1500quid to get it through its MOT, new oil pump, sump, and discs and pads all round. It was either that or scraping it but I have no where to break it for parts - hmmmm.....

....anyway, got it back. Had a sit down and decided this might be a good time to sell actually - get that 1500 back I couldn't really afford, and cut my looses.....But within days I go out to find the boot lock hanging out the back with the panel bent like a banana around it. \:o °\(

Sigh. What are my options now? I cant really sell with a busted boot lock. Would I have to replace all the locks/cpu? Could I simply not have a boot lock (it never worked anyway) and have the hole where it was repaired? Does anyone have any idea how easy/expensive that would be?

Didn't want it to end like this, have had 3 good years! \:\(

Re: The straw that broke the coupes back.... - 07/03/2007 21:30

Ask carlt if he will buy it when he moves to his new place \:\)

Re: The straw that broke the coupes back.... - 07/03/2007 21:33

Just get the boot delocked, you can still open from inside and alot of people prefer.

Would cost what, 125 to have it done?

Or have it repaired and get a used lock, its easy to alter the tibs to suit your key.

Re: The straw that broke the coupes back.... - 07/03/2007 21:41

Originally Posted By: carlt
Just get the boot delocked, you can still open from inside and alot of people prefer.

Would cost what, 125 to have it done?

Or have it repaired and get a used lock, its easy to alter the tibs to suit your key.

De-locking was an idea I was leaning towards, just unsure of cost - if around 125 it sounds ok, less than 100 would be better! What sort of place would do this for me? Any bodyshop fella in his dodgy arch?

Re: The straw that broke the coupes back.... - 07/03/2007 21:43

yeh 125 is more than enough.

Any bodyshop should manage it. Its not too difficult. Although im sure some would manage to make a mess.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK