Fiat Coupe Club UK

Who waves or flashes other Coupes?!

Posted By: Anonymous

Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 02:31

I always put my hand up if I spot one, the problem is I'm normally in a different car and I get a definite 'weirdo/who's that?' look from the Coupe driver. \:D

I mentioned at work the other day at work and one guy thought it was really strange that I put my hand up to other Coupe drivers.

Mark

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 02:36

I've done it a few times, usually get a response. Although occasionally there's the risk of the 'weirdo' look as you put it \:P

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 02:40

I do.

8 out of 10 Coupés I see wave/flash/nod/acknowledge.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 02:59

Everytime... \:D \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:13

Always, and i always get a honk of the horn, someone beeped me twice in Stoke Newington last wkend, its always good, and had a friend in teh car, he thought that was a good vibe between drivers \:\)

W

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:14

Steven 636, its because we have Moon Grey Coupes which of course look the best we get attention, lol.. \:\)
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:21

I always flash and wave if I spot another \:D

My daughter thinks I'm strange \:D

I have a Fiesta Si and there aren't that many around, but I never flash or wave at another one. When my daughter asked me why I only do it to other Coupe owners, I couldn't give her an explanation \:D
My answer was: 'I dunno, just do' \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:22

Always seem to been driving the van, so I just seem to stare when they go past \:\)
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:26

I always used to, and of course always do to another Caterham driver now.
In fact, the first few days I had the Cat I stared at a passing Coupe driver, and it turned out it was Mark0904 who pmd me \:D .

I gave up waving in the MX5, Clio and Celica as you'd only get about one returned wave in ten.

The success rate in the Caterham is 150% , as I often get waves and nods from other cars, bikers and pedestrians.
The success rate in the Coupe would be about 70% from other Coupe drivers. \:\)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:31

I always do with mine. It is great fun. It was not the same with my Omega. The Coupe is quite rare, and when you pass another, that is a moment to cherish. Hence the Coupe spotting part of this Forum. \:\)
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:32

I always wave or flash other coops more often than not I get a response \:\)

I'm becoming sure my coop is invisible though as I drive it every day, 20k miles per year and NEVER get spotted
Posted By: darmtb

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:43

I meet a red Coupe in Crich last monday and we both waved!

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 03:45

I've never seen another coupe while I've been driving mine \:\(

well I did once but saw it too late to wave.
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 04:16

I always do (if I can react in time. I'm a bit dozy....) And about 8 out of 10 times I get a response. Seems that Coupsters are a friendly crew.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 11:17

Yeah i always give a wave and a flash of the beams and always get one back, its cool!

Just seems like noone who does it is ever on this forums spotted section!!

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 11:54

always do and, almost without exception, get acknowledged in return. i think it's because driving the coop makes you feel a bit exclusive and it's always nice to recognise someone else in the same situation...

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 11:55

Yes if I react quickly, but only if in the coupe Never seems to be a forum member though, I am a prolific poster in spotting but never acknowledged \:\(

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 11:57

It's the opposite here Vickster, I only ever tend to see Tartan, Mattb, Matty, Kevcrab or Fran, and I wouldn't wave to them! \:P
Posted By: Welformed

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 11:58

Everytime I can. Even better if an Audi is present. The drivers of those seem to hate other people ignoring them in favour of a £5K fiat. \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 12:51

Er, I never see any. Regardless of what car I'm in.
Posted By: stan

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:11

Nope!

I tend to let them go ;\)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:13

Always waved when I got the chance but now ive sold the coupe and its not the same waving from a Green Clio. °\(
Posted By: Wishy

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:24

Last thing I'd want is you flashing me. \:o

I'm the same as most here, I'll always flash/wave when I see one (if I get time) and get a response most times.

Apart from the miserable git in Darlo with the 'S' reg Scots Green n/a who has pretty much had to drive around me whilst I was getting into my identical car and still blanked me. He was probably thinking "I'm not being your friend just because we drive the same car saddo".

See them quite often in my oil burner but don't see the point in flashing from that as it would just look weird unless it's someone I know from here.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:30

Originally Posted By: Wishy

Apart from the miserable git in Darlo with the 'S' reg Scots Green n/a who has pretty much had to drive around me whilst I was getting into my identical car and still blanked me. He was probably thinking "I'm not being your friend just because we drive the same car saddo".

unless he's pi55ed off as he is less exclusive because of your coupe. \:P
Posted By: RusH

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:35

I wave everytime... My Girfriend thinks im an idiot for doing it though - It's 50/50 for a reply in general.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:35

if i see them in time i always wave

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:49

Always wave and flash manically - perhaps that's the reason I don't get many back. I probably scare them!
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:51

Always wave and flash get around 8/9 out of 10

Its that special feelings \:D passengers tell me off \:\(
Posted By: simonj

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 13:53

You have to wave - it's the law \:D

Got so used to doing it in the Coupe, I've done it a couple of times at Coupes in the Skoda by mistake
Posted By: BrumJim

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 15:04

Yes, but only get a response about 1 time in 2.

Not counting the bloke who plays football on the same pitches just before me on Monday.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 16:25

I've had many a convo at the lights and even one on M1 stuck in traffic. Well cool. Coop community!
Posted By: benje

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 16:28

What about this situation: I drive home the same route most nghts and very often see the same coupe ,I always flash, but would you get fed up of being flashed every night by the same car?

Should I stop?

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 16:35

Take the next step, ask him out... er, sorry I mean wind window down and give each other a high five as you go past! \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 16:52

Originally Posted By: Welformed
wind window down and give each other a high five as you go past! \:D

LOL

We should all try this now instead of flashing/waving!!

Mark \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 17:08

Ialways wave,flash,except at a young bloke in Ayr with N reg red coup! Did wave a couple of times and he rubber eared me choosing to look cool,hard,serious,fud like,in his wooly beanie hat!!

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 18:19

never seen another one to flash or wave at, Never seen one before i bought mine.
Craig

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 19:43

Originally Posted By: Welformed
I've had many a convo at the lights and even one on M1 stuck in traffic. Well cool. Coop community!

I want this! \:\) I've only had a couple of coupe spottings whilst driving. One good run with a 16ver who smiled and waved that was great just kept swapping places to view each other's cars and of course to show everyone around! ;\)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 19:47

Waving other Coupes is the only reason I bought the Coupe. \:\)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 19:53

i always do, except to another sprint blue round near me because i used to but they never wave back \:\(

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 20:00

I always wave and usually get a response.

I see it as a celebration that 2 Coupes are actually running at the same time.

\:D
Posted By: Paul_V

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 20:55

I always wave and usually get one back.
It's rude not to ;\)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 22:08

If I spot them then always \:D

Most respond, its an enthusiasts car now so people tend to show it. No longer a fashion/status symbol (well maybe is still fashionable but you know what i mean \:D

As an ex biker it comes naturally \:\)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 22:25

Yes I do too... But most of the time I see another coupe im in my other halfs Car . \:\(
Posted By: Richard24

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 27/07/2007 22:45

It's rarely i see another coop on the road, so nobody to wave at °\(
The 3rd week i owned my coop, i was in Newquay at a petrol station & a guy with a black 20vt came over started chatting to me, had a look around my car.
This was before i was on the forum, thought it was a bit odd at the time.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 28/07/2007 02:48

Wave or flash every time - can't help myself and it always makes me smile to see another coup'. Pretty friendly bunch all round from what i've seen.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 28/07/2007 04:46

Lol, I think that we all think everyone with a Coupe is on the forum and that we all know each other \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 28/07/2007 16:54

Originally Posted By: Theresa
Lol, I think that we all think everyone with a Coupe is on the forum and that we all know each other \:D

That's the way it should be! I can't understand people deciding they want such an enthusiasts car and then not getting involved with the main group/club associated with it!
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 28/07/2007 23:44

I feel like throwing a big event (like that Coca Cola advert) anytime I happen to spot another Coop on the road as it`s such a rare sight to see \:D .

Baz \:\)
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 00:05

I always do and normally get a response back but there are a few renegade Coupé drivers in Aberdeen that don't wave back \:\(

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 00:59

Originally Posted By: Tartandude
but there are a few renegade Coupé drivers in Aberdeen that don't wave back \:\(

Well duh, no-one waves at a Mk2 Golf!

\:D \:D \:D
Posted By: gurly_racer

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 01:47

i always flash or wave, and always have got a reply back so far \:\)
Posted By: Taffy20vt

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 02:08

I always wave except to the Chav in the black 16v in Chester,as he gave me the finger last time
Posted By: mrc

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 02:33

I also always wave or flash, most of the time I get a wave/flash back! \:\) There's one woman that I pass on the way to work (camden area) but she never waves/flashes back, so i've given up on that one! \:\( Mr C

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 03:02

I see a green 20VT everyday on my way to work at around 8:15am, and we always wave. Even after a year of seeing each other on exactly the same piece of road at more or less the same time. I don't think he's on the forum however.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 04:04

depending on my shifts i usually pass andyps and it never tires to flash!

prior to going to the mini coop meet at brighouse few months ago i went to the garden centre and in the carpark was an immaculate murple n/a, so being the coop friendly guy i am i left a card with the meet and the forum details.
turned out the guy came along to the meet having owned his car from new 9 years only having done 46k!!!!!!!! AND it was his first ever meet being in his early 60s.

he'd tracked his movement across yorkshire via the spotting page,turned out he only lives in the next village!

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 04:23

Originally Posted By: came2dance
I always wave or flash other coops more often than not I get a response \:\)

I'm becoming sure my coop is invisible though as I drive it every day, 20k miles per year and NEVER get spotted

You were spotted the other day parking up on College Street. \:\) Oh OK, there were 2 other coops there as well. \:D
Posted By: Vinno

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 05:00

Before I got my coop I never saw one on the road, ever. Now that I've got one, I've seen about 5 or 6. But every time I'm somebody else's car! So id feel daft waving. \:\(
Posted By: Gaz

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 29/07/2007 23:03

Always flash or wave and 99% of the time get a wave or a flash back.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 30/07/2007 20:47

I always do; but more often than not I get no response \:\( . At least half a dozen I’ve seen now, & only 2 acknowledgements, & then only after I’d waved/flashed first!

Maybe it’s a southern thing!… or perhaps they are just less enthusiastic owners who think "why should I wave at another person just because they are driving the same car as me?"

I'm thinking I might just give up! \:\(

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 31/07/2007 15:34

yeh i always give the lights a cheeky flash but i'd say it's less than 50/50 response rate. that's cheshire for you.

my mate owns a motorhome, and people who own those ALWAYS wave/flash at each other.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 31/07/2007 15:52

Watch out when flashing your lights as you are only meant to flash to notify other drivers that you are there - see the highway code.

I used to flash other Coupe drivers and wave madly, but since I am selling mine I am leaving it safely in the garage until I sell it \:\)
Posted By: growlingbear

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 31/07/2007 23:16

Excellent response here in Yorkshire. Always give a wave and a flash. 9/10 times get a response. Gives me a great buzz.
Makes a change from the usual interactions you see i.e. fingers/fists/cut ups/road rage generally from BMW drivers (and SAABs lately - they used to be such cuddley bearded types!!)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 01/08/2007 12:09

Originally Posted By: matt_20v_coupe
Watch out when flashing your lights as you are only meant to flash to notify other drivers that you are there - see the highway code.

I got told off by the police once for flashing someone to slow down due to a copper with a speed camera. What I didn't realise is his buddy was up the road to catch anyone who kept driving me. He pulled me over and gave me a right earfull!!

Mark

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 06/08/2007 08:15

I always flash, but what with the coop being so fast and all, there is nt always time to notice them befor your past them and i try to tend to have 2 hands firmly gripping the wheel. \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 06/08/2007 17:56

finaly see my first othe coupe on the road, arse never waved back. he shoul dhave his coupe removed from him.
craig

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 07/08/2007 14:53

Originally Posted By: CraigWilson
finaly see my first othe coupe on the road, arse never waved back. he shoul dhave his coupe removed from him.
craig

Bloody politicians, worrying about foot and mouth and all that. I think it's time for us to sort them out. I've got a plan...

First, we'll have a rally outside westminster. If there's no result in a week, we'll double the numbers! And if they continue to ignore the wishes of the populace, we'll hit them with a major, I mean major, leaflet campaign!!

Ahem
I'm done
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 07/08/2007 15:10

Blueman ............

The random threads a bit further down \:P

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 07/08/2007 15:11

Originally Posted By: came2dance
Blueman ............

The random threads a bit further down \:P

You just beat me to it!!! \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 07/08/2007 21:42

Sorry about that, I was in a very strange mood \:D

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 08/08/2007 14:38

I saw another coupe yesterday; \:\) lovely red one, - very clean & well looked after, must have an enthusiastic owner I thought.

So I flashed him.

And.....................Nothing! \:\(

I must be doing it wrong..

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 08/08/2007 17:32

whats that to do with my post? lol

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 08/08/2007 17:34

yep, i can say i have in the month of driving her alot of coupe owners have flashed or waved. . .

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 06/09/2007 17:56

ok seen mysecond coupe in East Kilbride Heading towards strathaven. was dark green, standard silver four spoke wheels and one of the biggest shopping trolly handles i have ever seen. anyone know who this is? there was a young guy driving and a girl in the passengers seat.I wasent in my coupe was in my pals 106 and we flashed but never got anything back from him.

long story i know but anyone know them????????

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 06/09/2007 18:04

This tale is more suited to coupe spotting ;\)

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 06/09/2007 22:16

I always wave/flash/honk at fellow Coupes - have even done it when I was in my Audi, but that doesn't go down so well. The local Coupes in North Wales always seem to wave back - with one exception. On my trips to England they don't seem to wave as much (actually don't see Coupes that often there, but I think that most of these weren't fccukers to be honest - they're usually old duffers driving them that blank you as you wave!

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 07/09/2007 00:18

I start a Mexican wave if my wife & kids are onboard. Then, if the other car blanks me, at least I get a "Wtf u doing?" response from the family.

There's a few coupes around my home town, not far from Birmingham. Or, maybe it's all the North Wales coops on holidays here Mona :).

I always wave, usually get one back.. always forget to check which version it was. Always remind myself to check next time..ad infinitum.

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 07/09/2007 02:20

I think local knowledge of where the Coupes are is a bonus for spotting - it always seems to be bereft of Coupes on a long morotway run? Rarity value! \:D

I used to live in Solihull actually LeighPing - I must have seen some around there at the time when I lived there - which was during Coupe production! \:\)
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 07/09/2007 02:40

I try too if i'm not zooming past too fast !!!

Last 2 I did it to ignored me though \:\(

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 11/09/2007 20:25

I saw another coop the other day, a green one this time, with tan interior, - & an attractive blonde lady driving. \:\)

So I gave her a cheeky wave & a smile, & yes, you guessed it – nothing. \:\(

That’s my success rate down to about 20% now! \:\(

So if anybody sees me driving around south Hants please, please, PLEASE give me a wave, - I can’t take another rejection! \:\( \:\(

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 11/09/2007 20:53

I had this the other day - guy passed right across me at a mini roundabout and totally blanked me \:\(

If you're on here - explain youself!

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 11/09/2007 21:08

Originally Posted By: Gazza2905
I saw another coupe yesterday; \:\) lovely red one, - very clean & well looked after, must have an enthusiastic owner I thought.

So I flashed him.

And.....................Nothing! \:\(

I must be doing it wrong..

Well where did this tragic misdemeanor happen as i was flashed by a bloo one in hants the other day and i waved back damnit, lol

Re: Who waves or flashes other Coupes?! - 11/09/2007 21:32

I wave, flash or beep when ever i see another coop.. Normally get grief from the missus 'your such a loser'
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK