Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupe paint/colours

Posted By: Coupe_Don

Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 16:38

Hi,

just got a valuation from the insurance company for my written of Coupe but my broker didn't tell them about my mods!
Luckily it has been confirmed that I declared them so they are going to come back with a revised offer.
It looks like i'll be hunting for another one, mine was a scotts green and had very nice thick laquer (spelling?), I think that some Red coupes may not have a clear coat and before I travel across England looking for my replacement I just want to confirm which colours came with with a nice layer of laquer and which ones didn't, any info is appreciated, insurance has just called with a better figure!

Cheers
John
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 16:44

All coupes have a coat of laquer.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 17:29

No they dont.

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 17:37

mine does, and its portofino blue \:P

thats at least 2 colours then \:D

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 19:25

Thanks Carlt I was hoping you'd pop in, can you or anyone tell me which ones haven't plse.

Cheers
John
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 21:03

The solid coloured ones normally don't have laquer unless they have been repainted.

PITA when the mirrors have been laquered and start peeling and the rest of the paint is OK.

Incidently, I just got rid of a 5 year old silver C3, the laquer had started to go cloudy.
I hope Fiat's current metallic blue lasts better.

Pete

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 21:05

My red one has lacquer! I very thin layer mind you!

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 21:37

Thanks guys, when you say 'solid coloured' what do you mean, I thought that certain colours such as the red came without laquer. There must be a rule im sure the guys at the factory didn't just decide to use laquer when they felt like it ;\)
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 16/11/2007 21:42

Originally Posted By: Coupe_Don
Thanks guys, when you say 'solid coloured' what do you mean, I thought that certain colours such as the red came without laquer. There must be a rule im sure the guys at the factory didn't just decide to use laquer when they felt like it ;\)

Solid colours - non metalic.

After a few years on the road and the inevitable body repairs, who can tell what sort of paint was used on an individual car once it had left the factory?

Pete

Re: Coupe paint/colours - 17/11/2007 02:18

My Speed Red definitely has lacquer - as it's peeling off on the roof & I had to get the mirrors re-lacquerd last year! I have pictures if you don't believe me!!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK