Fiat Coupe Club UK

Went to see first coupe today......

Posted By: Anonymous

Went to see first coupe today...... - 25/05/2008 17:17

it was a 20vt in sprint blue, had zender skirts, was lowered with 5 spoke 17's and a custom exhaust, it also had konig bucket seats and was a very nice looking car! I was very impressed until i took it out for a test drive, in first gear it pulled like a train but then changing into 2nd and third the car would pull up until 3k then just as the turbo should kick in the revs would just shoot upto 6k revs, as if i were revving it in neutral? What could have been wrong with it, i thought clutch but it was weird cos in 1st gear it was fine? Any ideas guys?

Cheers, Jamie
Posted By: stan

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 25/05/2008 17:19

Sounds like clutch slipping \:\(

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 25/05/2008 17:19

was it tuned at all??

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 25/05/2008 17:25

Dont think so. the guy said he had a chip for it but never got round to fitting, did have a custom exhaust but that was it, how much is a new clutch with fitting roughly?

Cheers, Jamie
Posted By: stan

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 25/05/2008 17:37

£400 at MotorMech in B'ham \:\)

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 25/05/2008 18:06

Cheers mate, im gutted to be honest because apart from that the car was nice, needed some TLC but for a 10 year old car what can you expect! I doubt the seller would drop the price enough for it to be worth me buying, oh well the hunt continues.....
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 29/05/2008 00:25

Sorry to sound rude but how can you seriously be considering a 220bhp car if you can't tell what a slipping clutch feels like? It either is, or it isn't you just know.
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 29/05/2008 01:56

Well theres a first time for everything. Considering a fast car doesn't mean you would know alot about it. Good luck with the search J4MTE. \:\)

Re: Went to see first coupe today...... - 29/05/2008 12:48

Trappy - "sorry to sound rude". Jeez.

From your description, it does sound like a slipping clutch. That said, clutches are a serviceable component of a car, and something which you'd expect to wear out in time. So a slipping clutch doesn't mean the cars been hammered, it just means it needs replacing.

If you like the rest of the car, why not make an offer less the £400 needed to replace the clutch at Motormech? If he doesn't accept, then there's plenty other Coupes out there.

\:\)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK