Fiat Coupe Club UK

Worst angles on the Coupe...

Posted By: Anonymous

Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:15

Im bored so pardon me for this, i was just watching the old Top Gear coupe review and im sure in there JC mentions it looks "dog ugly" from certain angles.
Does anyone know what angles or have any pictures to prove his comment?
Every photo i took of mine looked great
Be interesting to see which ones make the coupe ugly...?

Dan

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:23

Straight from the front ain't so clever, IMO
Posted By: Cappo

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:28

^^ what Hedge said (unless it's a Mooner Plus, natch!)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:29

some don't look too bad from that angle i guess but i c your point \:\)
anyone have pictures they want to share??

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:29

I think coupes with black sills and 15" wheels and standard springs (too high) can look ugly from certain angles...

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:36

Ugly??

A picture of my old coop, is that what you mean by straight from the front?
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:49

I think the coupe looks great from all angles, including the front.

Some body kits ruin the lines though IMHO, particularly the rear end if chavtastic wing has been bolted onto the bootlid

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:49

Originally Posted By: MattW
I think coupes with black sills and 15" wheels and standard springs (too high) can look ugly from certain angles...

Totally agree with that, mine from the rear, taken low at a certain angle doesn't look so great as the back is way too high!

Example

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:54

Sometimes if you look at the rear from an elevated position, such as a first floor window, it can look tall and narrow. Then you go downstairs and walk towards it and it suddenly all comes into proportion, and looks low and wide again

I avoid certain car park spaces at work for this reason, or reverse into them instead of going in forwards.... well I do have to look at it all day \:D

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 11:55

thats not ugly though \:#

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 12:04

I do feel like my car could look a bit better. Some frontal views don't do it any favours.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 12:09

\:\(

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 12:12

I love the front side angle of the Coupe...sexual!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 12:13

There's a certain angle standing from the rear of the car, where the front bumper is hidden, but you can still see the bonnet line, so in effect the car looks bumperless and weird.

But to be honest you have to try hard to get this car too look ugly. And it's only in a very limited angle you get the above effect.

\:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 12:27

As I say to all my mates "It's a marmite car"

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:14

i dont like them with colour coded sills..makes the sides look to deep and ruins the cars proportions...and i dont like bodykits...original is perfection!!

nb..this aint a dig at anyone with either of those 'mods' done, its just my personaly opinion..the coupe is, for me, one of the most stunning cars ever put into production by a 'mainstream' manufacturer...its lithe yet muscular, a piece of sculpture in metal to my eyes...it was thecars looks that made me want one when the yfirst came out...fact iv since discovered they go so well only cemented my love affair with the car!!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:16

Originally Posted By: DidCoop
As I say to all my mates "It's a marmite car"

No it's not, marmite is rank \:s ...and everyone likes the Coupe in one form or another ;\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:17

Originally Posted By: biggbn

nb..this aint a dig at anyone with either of those 'mods' done, its just my personaly opinion..the coupe is, for me, one of the most stunning cars ever put into production by a 'mainstream' manufacturer...its lithe yet muscular, a piece of sculpture in metal to my eyes...it was thecars looks that made me want one when the yfirst came out...fact iv since discovered they go so well only cemented my love affair with the car!!

An excellent description! Makes me feel like I own something truely unique! \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:18

i dont like them with colour coded sills..makes the sides look to deep and ruins the cars proportions...and i dont like bodykits...original is perfection!!

Completely agree with all the above.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:26

Bang On.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:26

An excellent description! Makes me feel like I own something truely unique! \:\)

Why are you selling it then? ;\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:37

Originally Posted By: Vickster

Why are you selling it then? ;\)

I'm not sure I can anymore...lol!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:39

dont \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:43

As much as I HATE it at times, I also love the thing to bits!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:45

just take the positives out of it \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:45

I've passed BigIan a few times going opposite direction (identical coop to my own) and thought eww not so nice for some reason but cant put my finger on it. Also had a red one in my rear view mirror and thought exactly the same, again cant put my finger on it. Maybe its the height I see them from when driving. Also when I first gt it a mate lookin side on said it reminded him of a ford puma...Told him I hated him for that comment and never to let it pass his lips again, though in that case I think he was concentrating on shape of the side windows, especially to the rear of the car. Anyway the absolute best place to view the coupe from is the inside lookin out on the rest of the hum drum motors

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:53

It does look a bit Puma-esque with the lines doesn't it!

Shame it PISSES all over em \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:54

apart from the handling \:P

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:55

Well yea...there is that, my exes Puma used to munch my old Coupe round corners, then on the straights I'd be eating her back bumper away again!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:57

Coupes rear end is much nicer than the puma's too

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 13:58

Hmmm that is debatable I must admit I do like the ass-end of the Pumas but saying that I love the ass end of the Coupe too

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:13

From a distance i mistake yellow Pumas for Coupes! I'll shut up now \:D

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:17

Oh dear lord!

Puma ass

Coupe ass

How exactly? lol!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:21

I mean from the front ;\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:25

You must have edited your post I swear you said back lol!

Well even still:

Coupe

Puma

I still don't see it lol!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:28

I personally like the back end to err my astra?

Haha is there really an ugly part of a coupe? \:s

I've not noticed

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:28

yep, now imagine them both in your rear view mirror at quite a distance, confuses me \:P

(Yep i was on about the back originally, then the comment after i meant generally from a distance on the road, apologies for confusing you and posting pointless links \:\) )

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:33

Contrary to what a couple of other have said, I prefer the coupe with body coloured sills, or body skirts.

With the black sills the car looks too high off the ground.

Each to their own though. I will probably get some LE skirts and lips as soon as finances allow.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:45

I agree and if the courts make the guy who screwed up the paint job on mine pay for it to be put right I'm def adding LE lips and skirts. It totally lifts the look by lowering the look!!!
Posted By: daithi28

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:54

Originally Posted By: symonh2000
Some frontal views don't do it any favours.

I agree.

Some full frontal shots at certain angles and heights make it look a bit awkward like in this pic from a current car ad in Ireland. The car looks tall and narrow as opposed to low, wide and squat!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 14:56

Originally Posted By: belfastjohn
I agree and if the courts make the guy who screwed up the paint job on mine pay for it to be put right I'm def adding LE lips and skirts. It totally lifts the look by lowering the look!!!

I have a set of Mariusz's LE skirts and lips in my attic if you wanna buy them John ;\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 15:00

Originally Posted By: belfastjohn
I've passed BigIan a few times going opposite direction (identical coop to my own) and thought eww not so nice for some reason but cant put my finger on it. Also had a red one in my rear view mirror and thought exactly the same, again cant put my finger on it. Maybe its the height I see them from when driving. Also when I first gt it a mate lookin side on said it reminded him of a ford puma...Told him I hated him for that comment and never to let it pass his lips again, though in that case I think he was concentrating on shape of the side windows, especially to the rear of the car. Anyway the absolute best place to view the coupe from is the inside lookin out on the rest of the hum drum motors

i think the coupe is colour sensitive, i would never say that i thin they look bad in any colour, but personally, i prefer dark metallics ratehr than solid non metallic colours..i think the dark met. paint gives the coupe a much classier look...but then, im very biased!!!....

sometimes ya gotta see the coupe, your coupe, driving to really appreciate it...sometimes when my mrs borrows it and drives away from the house i think..phwooar, lookit that....(and the car aint to bad either...!!)....thats my brownie points for the week accumulated in one fell swoop,.....!!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 15:04

That could well be a goer daithi. Am waiting to hear from solicitor about a court date, which he said would be sometime after the summer. I dont like tempting fate but hopefully I'll be asking you about those skirts and lips again in the next few months....touch wood.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 15:14

Totally agree about colour sensitive even though it is hugely subjective. I really like my silver/grey with the black leather...classy exec look imo unfortunately the world is coming down it seems with silver cars...seems to be default colour for mercs and bmw's. Anyway even though I love the subtle nature of the silver I'm really getting to love that solid blue...which i think i read on here was used to enhance the shape of the body.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 15:48

Originally Posted By: daithi28
 Originally Posted By: symonh2000
Some frontal views don't do it any favours.

I agree.

Some full frontal shots at certain angles and heights make it look a bit awkward like in this pic from a current car ad in Ireland. The car looks tall and narrow as opposed to low, wide and squat!

Couldn't agree more.

If you think that - colour sensitive or otherwise - that it looks good here, then you're mistaken. IMO, etc etc.

It looks bloody awful, let's face it.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 15:52

Only angle of the coupe I dont like, is when i see the bonnet from the side at same level as it. Or if just half the bonnet is poking out from another car next to it. Looks like a weird frog lol. I'll have to take a picture to explain, But I apart from that I think it looks gorgeous in every other way!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 15:54

My mate says it looks like a frog...tut tut!
Posted By: AlistairM

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 16:06

I occasionally mistake FTOs for Coupés in the distance

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 16:12

Originally Posted By: Raulus
Only angle of the coupe I dont like, is when i see the bonnet from the side at same level as it. Or if just half the bonnet is poking out from another car next to it. Looks like a weird frog lol. I'll have to take a picture to explain, But I apart from that I think it looks gorgeous in every other way!

Riddup-Riddup said the frog!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 16:13

Originally Posted By: AlistairM

I've done that too
Posted By: Flea

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 16:24

So in general what exterior looks nicer?

1. Standard
2. LE
3. Plus

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 16:26

LE for me on the exterior, but I prefer the Plus interior.
Posted By: AlistairM

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 17:01

I like the LE bodykit and the big gay red interior too so there \:P

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 17:16

standard original unadorned car looks the purest and prettiest to my eyes...

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 17:20

Yep, standard. I don't like the LE titanium coloured bits or the interior but I do like the later recaro interiors

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 17:21

DanDan,

I love your new signature image with the GT and the Alfa badge.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:10

cheers Alan \:\)

I still like the standard looking 16vt'ers with the older 16" wheels, just something about it...

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:12

The older wheels are 15"

Too small for my taste \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:14

Coupes worst angle is the angle it makes as it's being winched onto the back of an AA truck again \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:20

lol...^^

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:24

Shame i can find the photos now but (following on from Scooby) isnt the coupes worst angle the one made by the guy that was driving round some industrial units after dark, thought he was coming to a slight dip, but actualy it was 4 drop which left his car teetering on the edge?

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:51

Matt the 16v turbo's had 16" wheels, i feel the 15" wheels are too small on the 16v and 20v

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:55

Are you sure about that Dan?

I'm convinced they were all the same wheels

Truffle, was it not the girl owner in the porto 20vt with the funny grill? I can't for the life of me remember her name.

im 100% sure \:\) they said 16 on them when i had one

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 18:56

my 16vt alloys were 16"

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 19:00

<anorak smiley>

just dug out my original brochure, and it appears you were right \:D

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 19:05

didn't believe me did you \:P
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 19:29

Originally Posted By: eldinho
Truffle, was it not the girl owner in the porto 20vt with the funny grill? I can't for the life of me remember her name.

Would it be this pic \:D . Was her name not Kirstycoop or Crazycoop \:\?

Baz \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 19:33

thats the one \:D

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 19:36

has any one got a link too the top gear review? i cant find it
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 20:11

Originally Posted By: DanDan
im 100% sure \:\) they said 16 on them when i had one

Nothing wrong with 15" wheels, boyo... http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/nailed_barnacle/sp5300105.jpg

\:P

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 21:53

Plus, end of.

LE, puke.

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 22:54

nothing wrong with them, just that inch makes all the difference \:P

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 14/08/2008 23:19

That's what all the ladies say! lol

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 15/08/2008 01:03

Originally Posted By: Baz76
 Originally Posted By: eldinho

Would it be this pic \:D . Was her name not Kirstycoop or Crazycoop \:\?

yep Crazycoop \:\)
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 15/08/2008 01:59

Originally Posted By: daithi28
 Originally Posted By: AlistairM

I've done that too

Me too \:D

I personally love the side and rear view of a Coupe, but, like some others have said, the front isn't always nice, depending how you look at it.

I find that if I stand and look straight on at the front of a Coupe, it looks cross eyed and not very nice.
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 15/08/2008 07:25

I hate this view of my Coop \:s . I can`t wait till I get my 360 bumper changed for an LE lipped standard one .

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 15/08/2008 09:26

I like that actually Baz \:D

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 15/08/2008 09:31

Originally Posted By: Baz76
I hate this view of my Coop \:s . I can`t wait till I get my 360 bumper changed for an LE lipped standard one .

I guess you bought it like this thinking you'd change it back to original later? IMHO that 360 front bumper is hideous.
Posted By: Tommy_Coop23

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 16/08/2008 15:30

My favourite views of the coop are front side as its passing, love the slashes, long bonnet, short rear :O) such an eye-catching car, as im just minding my own business just driving a long, if a coop passes coming the opposite direction, my eyes are suddenly drawn to it before i know what it is, anyone else get that? Saw a red 16vt from a distance yesterday and thought it was a ferrari passing until i realised it was a humble fiat coupe like mine lol. Love the view from interior looking down the long bonnet, makes you realise what a great car ur driving. Worst angle would be.....I cant really think of one really, perhaps the rear at times, can look a bit square-sawn off, but thats just being picky, overall i keep pinching myself everytime i go out in it cuz i cant believe what a good looking, rare car i have for pennies ;o) i always open my window in the morning if im taking mates to work, the engine note is just gorgeous, it roars!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 16/08/2008 23:42

open window,roaring exhaust and water running of the roof down onto your arm/armrest \:mad\: still it has to be done \:\)

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 17/08/2008 14:36

Lol i know what u mean, happens to me everytime if its been raining night before or i've washed it, pees me off but makes me smile because it's such a quirky car :O) cracks me up how the rear window wiper only cleans a bit of the rear window too haha! fantastic car

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 17/08/2008 15:48

worst view is when you look at teh fuel gauge when you have ben 'enjoying' your car...i can usually eke out almost 400 mioes, sometimes more..mullahed a tank in about 250 miles this week..oopps..

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 18/08/2008 10:46

Originally Posted By: Tommy_Coop22
Lol i know what u mean, happens to me everytime if its been raining night before or i've washed it, pees me off but makes me smile because it's such a quirky car :O) cracks me up how the rear window wiper only cleans a bit of the rear window too haha! fantastic car

If they were left-hand drive it would be fine, they just couldn't be bothered! And my service history says about mods made by a fiat garage to a known problem of the front driver-side wiper fouling the bonnet due to right-hand drive conversion......you gotta love it!

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 18/08/2008 10:56

One of my fave angles HAS to be the bulges of the rear when looking in the wing mirrors......the most exotic aspect of the car from the driving seat in my opinion. Wing Mirror

Re: Worst angles on the Coupe... - 18/08/2008 11:13

I agree, feels very special (ferrari like) and when you can see the fuel cap glinting in the sun as you admire the pert 'bulges' through the mirror
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK