Fiat Coupe Club UK

On the roof

Posted By: Anonymous

On the roof - 30/08/2008 18:04

After buying the rack 3 months ago, the bike four months ago and the coop roof rack two and a half years ago, it all, eventually, came together today. And it all works.

Infact it all looks so natural I got blanked by another coop driving into the car park as I was leaving. wtf.

on the roof

Re: On the roof - 30/08/2008 22:29

i've always wondered how can you get the bike all the way up there.
i have one of those bike carriers that go on the back of the car and can hold three, even that is a pain for me.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: On the roof - 30/08/2008 22:32

I would have blanked you too \:D spoilers are bad enough but moutain bikes yike

Although I would have flashed and give you the thumbs up if you had someone sat on it \:D
Posted By: barnacle

Re: On the roof - 31/08/2008 08:12

Getting it up might be tricky (oooer, missus!) but coming down should be fun... mind you don't crack the windscreen or bend the bonnet as you ride down, though. \:D

Re: On the roof - 31/08/2008 10:17

There'll be no trick cycling from me.

This the first bike I've had for over twenty years, I went out last week and did about 18miles and damn near killed myself. If I can get off the bike and still stand up I think I'm doing well.

Re: On the roof - 31/08/2008 11:49

How much mpg \:D .....

Re: On the roof - 31/08/2008 12:04

Even the rack looks stylish
Posted By: darmtb

Re: On the roof - 01/09/2008 09:02

Dibs if you ever sell it \:P
Posted By: Coggie

Re: On the roof - 01/09/2008 18:20

That looks really cool. Can you let me know where you got all the bits from and how much? I have a bike but not found a suitable roof rack as yet. Cheers.

Re: On the roof - 01/09/2008 23:25

The bike rack is a Mont Blanc Discovery which was about £80 from Towequipe and I'm a bit impressed with it. Front wheel rolls into the trough at the front and keeps it steady whilst its all fixed up, the box says its good for 130kph, which it is (and a little bit more).

The trickier bit is the coop roof rack - sh!t, rocking horse and rare-as are the words that come to mind. I bought it off a guy from here a couple of years ago, with the intention of buying a bike imminently - it then spent two-and-a-half years under the bed. When the coop racks do come up for sale their usually around £80-100.

But it all works so well I'm going to buy another Mont Blanc for my son's bike. Here's a close-up:

more on the roof
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK