Fiat Coupe Club UK

Scum of the earth

Posted By: PeteP

Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 10:47

They walked up my drive overnight, past my other car to do this.

S
h
i
t
s

Just to steal a satnav. \:mad\: \:mad\: \:mad\:
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 10:51

\:\(

Sorry to hear this Pete, at least it only looks like the window was damaged but thats bad enough.

Very unlucky though as thats a bit opportunist if it was dark and how did they know you had a sat nav in your car
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 10:55

Mutha fccukers.... \:mad\:

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 10:57

I can't stand nob heads like that.

This is one of the reasons that my neighbour doesn't lock his car when it's on the driveway. He doesn't keep anything at all in it, so he'd rather they had access to have a look, and he wouldn't be £100+ out of pocket for a broken window/bent door.

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 11:00

Must have been up the drive in daylight and come back overnight.
Windowframe is damaged too. \:mad\:
Posted By: simonj

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 11:11

\:\(
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 11:25

Wan*ers! \:\/
Posted By: Robin_Banks

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 11:25

Shocking. I wish I could catch people like this in the act...

Did your alarm not go off?
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 11:26

Originally Posted By: Tartandude

Very unlucky though as thats a bit opportunist if it was dark and how did they know you had a sat nav in your car

Simple, they'd see you driving the car around with it in/on and follow you home to see where you live. It might even be people very nearby who know where you live anyway. Once they've seen it in your car, chances are a thief would smash the window on the off chance you left it in the glovebox even if it wasn't on show.

I'm so paranoid about 'Gurty'. We called it Gurty so save shouting "Where's the sat-nav?" after getting out of the car at a service station or similar. I make sure people see me take her out when I do.

For a thief who could probably get £30-100 for one of these(or save himself £300), it's got to be worth following a car that is using one.

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 11:35

Shame to hear about it pete

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 11:45

Nightmare \:\(
Posted By: bockers

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 12:08

Sorry to hear it Pete

Beware all as there are now readily available devices that can pinpoint electrical devices in your car, even when they are switched off. Means leaving items in glovebox or boot i not even safe \:\(

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 12:22

Sorry to hear about this Pete \:\(

I was once followed from a retail park by a dodgy looking Cavalier all the way back to my street, so I kept going right past my house and went for a little drive, lost him on the dual carriageway \:D

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 12:25

\:mad\: \:mad\:
Posted By: mrc

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 12:46

Sorry to hear this Pete! \:\(

Is the frame repairable? Or is it new door time?
Posted By: Cappo

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 12:48

Sorry Pete. I always find with this type of thing that it's the "impotence" of not being able to do anything about it which really grates.

Would consider some aditional security though - if they were bold enough to walk right up to your house, they won't be bothered about returning. Big lights, proximity alarms, possibly even CCTV - all deterrents.

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 12:50

sorry to hear also pete fccuking to$$ers \:mad\:
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 14:36

Pete sorry to hear that \:\(

As always nice guys suffer for some little (insert expletive here) who should be tortured until he passes out then dropped off the docks.

Now you are stuck with getting a new window and sorting the frame, how bad is the damage?

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 15:05

That's bad luck Pete, if you need any help fixing/picking bits up let me know I'm only down the road in Bracknell.

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 15:11

This might make you feel a little happier...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/pierso/DSCI00021.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/pierso/DSCI0003.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/pierso/DSCI0009.jpg

Nothing stolen, just pure vandalism!

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 15:31

Really sorry to see that, Pete. What can I say?

Let's hope the door frame is repairable.

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 16:55

Thanks guys, The police forensics officer will be round in the morning to have a look for evidence.
In the meantime it's just covered up to keep the rain out.

I will be off to the local auction tomorrow afternoon to look for the sat nav. \:mad\:
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 20:07

Feckin baw bags \:mad\: \:mad\: \:mad\: .

Baz \:\)

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 20:39

What a cunch of bunts.
Bad luck mate.
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 20:41

really sorry for you Pete - hope the damage isn't too bad to the door frame and you can get it fixed ASAP
Posted By: sjbrophy

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 20:46

Been there with my last car, an Alfa 156.

The worst part was that the Autoglass repair monkey destroyed my door lining and electric window motor.

It's *not* ok to cut the soundproofing, but they all do - watch the repair guy and take photos. I did and sent them to the CEO, with an angry letter, and got the repair cost refunded.

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 20:55

From a fellow sufferer once of the same fate - you have my sympathy mate.
Hope the Fuzz can catch 'em for you.
Noz. \:mad\:
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 22:07

Sh*te \:mad\:

They reckon the only thing you can do really is prop open the glovebox with a bit of thin wood or plastic each night, to show that there's nothing of any value in there.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 22:38

They'd just brick the windows or key it cos you woz bein a smartarse. Innit?

Re: Scum of the earth - 23/09/2008 22:43

Sorry dude \:\(

We live in a shite world - which is why you should never ever leave your sat nav in your car - not ever and not even on your own drive or if you are just popping into the shop for 2 mins. \:\(

Re: Scum of the earth - 24/09/2008 00:13

Just one of those things with the [censored] bags in the area, New window will be up there tomorow evening for you,

Steve's brother never got his sat nav back even though we caught them a few hours later and ramed there car up the curb, In the end he found out they lost there car after the poilce came as it had no insurance so that sort of made up for it,

+ the fact there cd player some how got nicked from there car after they leged it before the police came
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Scum of the earth - 24/09/2008 01:10

Sorry to read about what's happened to your car Pete \:\(

Re: Scum of the earth - 24/09/2008 07:51

Bug*er \:\( Hope you get it sorted asap \:\(

Re: Scum of the earth - 24/09/2008 19:19

sorry to here about this Pete the tw4ts they want stringing up by there b*ll*cks

Re: Scum of the earth - 24/09/2008 19:28

Forensics were round this morning. The thief wore gloves so no fingerprints and there was no blood from glass cuts,so no realistic chance of catching them unless the satnav turns up.
Posted By: JKD

Re: Scum of the earth - 24/09/2008 19:38

Sorry to hear about whats happened to your Coupe.
\:mad\:

Re: Scum of the earth - 24/09/2008 23:04

What utter, utter bad luck Peter \:\(

Just be thankful the morons didn't decide to decorate the interior with your fire extinguisher.

Julia

Re: Scum of the earth - 25/09/2008 00:59

Not a nice thing to wake up to Pete - you have my sympathy.

Worst of it all, so many of us have had these things happen to us in some form or other. The frustration that follows brings a defeated feeling that rarely finds justice or any retribution.
I've had 2 radios and window deflectors stolen, and a brick launched thru a window of my bro's car outside my house all within my uni years. Leading to a point where i delocked my old punto, and religiously emptied it each night.

There are, what can only be referred to as vermin scum bags thieving and vandalising their way thru a really disgraceful existence.
Any act of even the slightest disrespect towards (let alone stealing) others truly earned and beloved possessions should be dealt with the firmest action and nothing less.

Tho in the highly unlikely event of the police ever apprehending a thief the judicial system don't properly follow thru.
Although parking fines are heartlessly enforced??? Justice is a myth!!

Words of wisdom I’m sure we’ve all heard:
The nice guy always finishes last,
Hard work is never rewarded in full
And a locked door will only ever keep the honest man out.

Don’t be disheartened Pete, know you are better than them and that they'll get what they deserve some day.
Posted By: Tommy_Coop23

Re: Scum of the earth - 04/10/2008 21:08

Really sorry to hear this Pete, we do live in a nasty world :O( Quite a few of my friends work in the police force and have told me that many thieves look for the 'sticky' prints the satnav leaves on your windscreen and if they see this and your satnavs been left in your car you've had it :O( Hope you get everything sorted.

Re: Scum of the earth - 04/10/2008 21:52

Thanks everyone.

The car is back together, the window frame straightend out OK.

But I'm a bit fed up with the broken glass breeding evey time I turn my back. \:\/

Re: Scum of the earth - 15/10/2008 23:52

Pete just another well wish/apology on behalf of the spinless thieving c&nts that we all have to live with... Been there before myself, stereo went from one of my cars, and my impreza was covered in acid and had all it's tyres slashed...

Just think people like that will always come a croper...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK