Fiat Coupe Club UK

What to do with the car in summer

Posted By: paddy

What to do with the car in summer - 08/12/2008 21:09

I'm needing a change this summer and thinking of getting a RWD convertable like an M3, just for a change for a while...

Have spent a lot of time and money on my car, and know selling it now would be daft. But by the same token I won't have room to store two cars. What are my best options? Is it best paying a firm for profesional storage for a year? Any recomendations?
Posted By: TurboNick

Re: What to do with the car in summer - 08/12/2008 21:27

m3 is a great car but do you realy want everyone calling you a c**k everytime you drive past ;\) lol you cant sell your coop paddy! you'll regret it! just buy a bigger house \:D

Re: What to do with the car in summer - 08/12/2008 22:46

I know I wouldn't keep the other car, just looking for a temporary change - have had the for more than 5 years now!
Posted By: Possum

Re: What to do with the car in summer - 08/12/2008 23:13

What about a late X/19, and yes I know we are looking at a 20 year old vehicle. I have seen them advertised in "Auto Italia".

Although the design is now 38 years old, they still attract bit of attention. They are fun to drive but were susceptible to the dreaded "tin worm".

Could be a cheap alternative.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What to do with the car in summer - 09/12/2008 00:29

Or a MK1 MR2..
Great fun, if a little niche styling-wise.

Also a rust-bucket if you don't buy wisely though.
Mind you, that still doesn't solve the Coupe problem.

Can't you give it to a relative to run for the year? I know I'd bite my cousin's hand off if he let me run his Lotus for the year, perhaps someone would feel similarly about your Coop..!

Re: What to do with the car in summer - 10/12/2008 19:10

Good call - perhaps a relative is an option...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What to do with the car in summer - 10/12/2008 20:11

Originally Posted By: paddy
Good call - perhaps a relative is an option...

Or a forum member
Stan's your man
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK