Fiat Coupe Club UK

No Coupes in France ?

Posted By: mr_tickle

No Coupes in France ? - 03/08/2009 20:39

I've just driven 2000 miles across France in the last two weeks and saw zero coupes?

were many sold into France ?

Yesterday on the Bologne to Dover ferry I was parked next to a couple in a Porto 20V

After having a nice chat about how much they both loved their car (the wife was the most enthusiastic) after 4 years of ownership they have never heard of FCCUK shocked

Maybe they'll register on here soon after me talking it up?

Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 03/08/2009 21:44

I probably only saw about 20 in 7 years of coupé ownership in France...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 03/08/2009 21:46

I only saw one on French plates in Paris a few years ago on a trip through the country, but I also saw one on British plates in Magny Cours (plus mine of course!)!
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 03/08/2009 22:37

Always plenty of french Coupés at Spa Italia smile
Posted By: barnacle

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 07:38

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell
I probably only saw about 20 in 7 years of coupé ownership in France...

And one of those was mine, I think!
Posted By: Emjay

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 08:32

That's slightly spooky Mr Tickle - speaking as one half of a couple in a porto 20v[t] also on the Boulogne to Dover ferry on 2 August!

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 08:53

I used to live near Duras in SW France and there was a LHD blitz blue 20VT often parked in the street. Other than that, I saw a porto in Bergerac once but that was it in the 2 years I was there.

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 09:17

you wonder, check the prices for the Coupes there.
The cheapest 20v I found there 2 month ago was 5000 Euros.

www.autoscout24.fr

And, they drive anyway my future FWD Coupe, the 406 V6 >:)
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 11:57

Originally Posted By: Emjay
That's slightly spooky Mr Tickle - speaking as one half of a couple in a porto 20v[t] also on the Boulogne to Dover ferry on 2 August!

Very Spooky indeed!

V720 *** If you are about 50ish with a grey beard and your wife wears a headscalf then maybe it was you?

This was the 10:45 crossing with LD lines the high speed service - I was on the Upper deck right at the back.

Although this couldn't be you it was Def. a 20V NA, the couple had never heard of FCCUK and I think you would have remembered someone tapping your window and having a 5 minute conversation .

However in light of my original post how truly ironic !

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 12:14

Ah, we were the 17:00 crossing. Small world, though.

50'ish with a grey beard - sounds like a dead ringer for JimO! wink
Posted By: JimO

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 12:16

Originally Posted By: Emjay
50'ish with a grey beard - sounds like a dead ringer for the wife too! wink

There's one for my scrap book wink

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 14:34

angel laugh
Posted By: magooagain

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 18:10

[quote=AlanW]I used to live near Duras in SW France and there was a LHD blitz blue 20VT often parked in the street. Other than that, I saw a porto in Bergerac once but that was it in the 2 years I was there. [/quote

Blimey Alan i spent the night in Duras last week at the commune campsite,although not in my coop.
Apart from SpaItalia,i have seen one(another Dark red like ours) in St Junien in the 87 region,not far from me.Also i saw one in a garage for sale.7 years iv,e been here.
Posted By: Guzbod

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 04/08/2009 19:00

I live in Finistere and there about 5 coupes here. I see one about every 3-4 months. Only saw one coupe in UK and drove over 1000kms last week!
Posted By: bezzer

Re: No Coupes in France ? - 05/08/2009 10:46

Last year while on Holiday in SE France, on the very first day I pulled into the local Leclercs Hypermarket and drove past a beat up banana 20V NA, then I ended up parking next to a Porto 20VT.

The banana coupe must have been owned by an employee as it was there everytime we went to the Hypermarket.

When we returned to Nice airport there was a banana 20VT in the carpark there.

Common as muck laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK