Fiat Coupe Club UK

Not a good day

Posted By: Guzbod

Not a good day - 10/08/2009 15:21

I have noticed I have been losing air out of one of the rear tyres so took it in to the local garage today to find a screw in it. Got it sorted then on a trip to the shops I noticed a strange sound. Stopped the car and nothing unusual. However when I stopped again I noticed the undertray hanging down. I seem to have lost the bolts. Nothing major but one of life's little irritations
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Not a good day - 10/08/2009 15:24

these things are sent to test us!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Not a good day - 10/08/2009 15:32

Hate to say it Guzbod but things usually come in 3's!!!
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Not a good day - 10/08/2009 15:49

It's sods law!

As for me, well I have an orignal looking nut & bolt, and an assortment of nuts, bolts and cable ties holding my under tray on. It's a real ramshackle arrangement under there, which means removal requires a screwdriver, stanley knife, an allen key and three different sockets.
Posted By: sandytim

Re: Not a good day - 10/08/2009 17:08

I have a custom undertray safety bar which stops it from dropping!
It's made of stainless steel and is cunningly disguised as a lower strut brace.
And the best bit about it is, it braces the lower struts and ferms up the front end a treat!!!!!

Bargain,two jobs in one.
Thanks to Nigel

The thing is, no matter what goes wrong with the coupe, you just turn and look at it and you can't help loving it. thumb

Re: Not a good day - 10/08/2009 17:16

Interesting Sandytim, but is it a pita to get the undertray off to service the car?
Posted By: sandytim

Re: Not a good day - 10/08/2009 20:12

No problem it just fixed by two bolts (supplied with the brace).
Thats when I fitted it.

For removal and access it will be over to paul at motormech,so no prob there (sorry Paul).

Seriously though the addition of Nigels lower brace (sparco top brace already on) has rekindled my enthusiasam for driving the coupe. driving
And prompted me to refurbish my suspension.
And I would whole heartedly recommend fitting both top and bottom braces.
Have a look at the thread in handling 'brace yourself'.
Your undertray will thank you.

Re: Not a good day - 15/08/2009 09:36

I got around to sorting it yesterday. The undertray had pulled off the bolt at the back, so I fitted a large washer and job sorted. I also changed the 3 bolts holding on the aircon cover for shiny stainless ones. Total cost 58 cents!! smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK