Fiat Coupe Club UK

If it's running too well are you slightly nervous?

Posted By: aust_powers

If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 07:56

Let be just make it clear this is not a rant in anyway and I still love my coop....but

Because everything is going well with the car... just that simple fact scares me!

I have had no issues this year so far where the car has caused me problems and I almost feel as if it's the calm before the storm smile

I am going for a weekend away with Mrs. Powers at the end of the month in the coop and although all is good, who here gets the feeling when your driving yours eyes are constantly scanning over the guages, oil pressure, water temperature, listening for any weird noises just in case that any moment something bad is going to happen? laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 08:11

No.

See my reply to peanut; look after it and it will look after you.
Posted By: aust_powers

Re: If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 08:26

<Gingerly Waits for Barnacle to step off his soap box> tongue

It was really only a light hearted thread The whole point of coupe paranoia is the fact you do have all the bases covered and that you have checked and double checked every nut,bolt,belt and somehow the gods of the coop world look down on you and say "Today your turbo will smoke, or I'm goin to derail your aux belt way before the interval because I feel like it".

It's the unplanned problems I'm talking about when all is going well.
Posted By: phil_20VT

Re: If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 11:35

Have to say I agree, 5 years of running a coupe daily, look after it, and it always runs sweet.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 21:25

Not in the slightest, I wouldnt be able to own a car that I was constantly nervous about. So what if your turbo starts smoking, it's only money (that you'd probably waste in some other way) laugh

What a great car.
Posted By: Mansilla

Re: If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 21:44

Everything breaks eventually. If you drive around worrying about it its time to buy a 1.6 diesel Focus or something. But you'd probably worry about that too.

Life = too short to worry about that.
Posted By: daithi28

Re: If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 22:10

I no longer worry about my coupe. I've so much bad luck with it that I have resigned myself to the notion that it will implode at any moment! laugh

Fear of the unknown would make me nervous. 'Knowing' it is gonna implode or explode takes away the fear of the unknown.

So now I will happily drive it like it's intended to be driven, I'll warm it up before flooring it, I'll cool it doen after each spirited drive, not worry if the oil pressure needle drops ever so slightly whilst sitting in traffic etc. I'll just continue servicing it every 6,000 miles, top up the oil and fluids every week. If the engine dies for a fourth time in 93,000miles, I'll push it into a shed, throw a blanket over it and go buy a 1.6 diesel focus tongue

So tomorrow it's going for its first service on this latest engine which replaced the last replacemnt engine which replaced the engine which also failed but had was stripped and rebuilt crazy

As Mansilla said, Life= too short to worry about that.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: If it's running too well are you slightly nervous? - 02/09/2009 23:18

Gotta say though I only got the LE in Spring its been perfect so far as was my previous 16V.......
Luv it to the point where I'm quite comfortable thinking if something goes it can be replaced - no worries.
Other boring cars I'm sure when you get a major prob you just want to get rid-of - but not the Coupe...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK