Fiat Coupe Club UK

m.o.t fail...

Posted By: Anonymous

m.o.t fail... - 08/11/2009 05:25

would like to get something off my tits. The nazi who did my m.o.t was a twerp. Failed my Lola on 3 petty things. The rubber seal on the petrol cap even though when I open the cap I get a pssssh sound telling me its pressurized! Oh and a leak on the filler neck of the petrol tank. The backseat he couldn't lock into place. And as an advisory I had the wrong colour red lights! standard bulbs and standard red plastic. £55 to be mugged off! Icing on the cake was the quote to fix my fuel tank for £400 or there abouts. im not sure what stopped me lamping him.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: m.o.t fail... - 08/11/2009 06:17

You can dispute the MOT results; there are details somewhere on the DVLA site. Consider taking it to a council/county run inspection place (anywhere that can do e.g. a VIC can do this) which have no maintenance facilities.
Posted By: Baz76

Re: m.o.t fail... - 08/11/2009 10:34

They seem all perfectly valid reasons for refusal. You can check for yourself here if you want to see in more detail what the fail criteria is for the items you've described.

Originally Posted By: ian251
£55 to be mugged off! Icing on the cake was the quote to fix my fuel tank for £400 or there abouts. im not sure what stopped me lamping him.

If you get the repairs done (either at the MOT station,by yourself or find somewhere cheaper) and bring the car back within 10 working days you'll be entitled to a free re-test.

Baz smile

Re: m.o.t fail... - 09/11/2009 11:47

Good morning all! What a beautiful day! laugh

Just had my car re-tested for my MOT at a different place and my Lola passed without a problem laugh laugh
Only thing they said was the rubber bump stops on the back springs had come off but thats not a fail.

So with that im off for a drive laugh

Re: m.o.t fail... - 09/11/2009 13:38

Wow that's great news! Obviously it's a bit alarming that the two places had such differing results, but well done for persevering.

If it were me I'd invetigate the things that were reported as failures on the first test just to make sure they're not genuine problems, and if they looked ok I'd just forget about them.

Gareth
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK