Fiat Coupe Club UK

So that's why it doesn't work

Posted By: Anonymous

So that's why it doesn't work - 19/05/2010 20:48

Hooning down the M11 at 70 mph (honestly occifer) this afternoon...my calm was shattered by something falling from under the dash and hitting me on the shin..nearly woke me from my boredem induced daydreams shocked

After pulling over on the hard shoulder and ferreting about in the footwell...I found the black plastic cover of the rear fog lamp relay...complete with most of the relay still inside irked

The other half of the relay was still planted in the fuse box...I'd suspected the fog light switch was faulty... but I guess I might modify that diagnosis now biglaugh

Re: So that's why it doesn't work - 19/05/2010 21:36

Ha - it'd be nice if all faulty components threw themselves at your feet. Would save a lot of time!
Posted By: bockers

Re: So that's why it doesn't work - 20/05/2010 07:36

I just fixed by rear fog light. Previous owner had changed the switch to a 16v version and rigged up the most elaborate set of wires and relasy to make it work on the 20v. I removed the wires and tried the lights and nothing frown So as I had a spare fog relay I thought I would try that. Bingo laugh

I think it is due to the location of the relay where they can easily get noked out of place and then eventually break frown

Re: So that's why it doesn't work - 20/05/2010 17:41

Originally Posted By: bockers
I just fixed by rear fog light. Previous owner had changed the switch to a 16v version and rigged up the most elaborate set of wires and relasy to make it work on the 20v. I removed the wires and tried the lights and nothing frown So as I had a spare fog relay I thought I would try that. Bingo laugh

I think it is due to the location of the relay where they can easily get noked out of place and then eventually break frown

Yes I think you are right...I kicked the damn thing off getting into the car tonight...(must get around to buying a replacement)...also got to replace the starter (doesn't when hot) and the intake hose downwind of the MAF - (split again - taped up with duct tape before I attempted the return M25 journey)...work just keeps getting in the way at the moment! cry
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK