Fiat Coupe Club UK

I love Breakers

Posted By: Anonymous

I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 18:21

I've found a sprinty in my local breakers...unfortunately most of the good bits have already gone, but I managed to get a number of useful bits for a bargain price.

A couple of injectors (both looked relatively new) a 'newish' coil pack, the drivers door stay (mine is broken), loads of little clips from the engine bay and interior....loads of relays, fuses, bulbs and most of ther engine wiring loom (my ignition coil lkoom is decidedly ropey)...all for the princely sum of as tenner!

Why the coil pack and injectors had neen left I don't know...but I'm not complaining.

It's a sad end to a 109k turbo but at least some parts are going top be used on my car.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 18:37

A rare find Jon, was that in Bridges? Always used to have a gem or two hidden deep when I lived in Sussex!

Re: I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 18:57

Yes tucked away in the far field....all the usual bits had gone - interior, calipers, discs etc...exhaust manifold had cracked right through on no'5

Shame, looked as if it was a decent car once

Re: I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 19:43

There's 5 in a field at Rosehill X-roads, A41 Market Drayton.
Find what you want.
Just pop-in to Kevs (opposite) and bung him a quid or two.

Re: I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 19:59

I've never seen a coupe in a breakers yard - was there any decent bodywork on it as i could do with bonnet and bits as it's not that far from me?
Posted By: ikon

Re: I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 21:29

shhhhhhh jonjeffryes. this was my secret supply for a while now hehe. there was two there at one stage. both sprintys too.

Re: I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 21:34

Originally Posted By: 555
I've never seen a coupe in a breakers yard - was there any decent bodywork on it as i could do with bonnet and bits as it's not that far from me?

The bonnet is u/s. Most of the trim is missing inside. front hubs have gone with discs/calipers. Camcover and all coils & injectors have gone. Door cards have been removed and damaged. boot lid seems ok but had a spoiler so has mounting holes. Turbo is still there but may be shot. Aircon compressor is there. both airbags are there o/s/headlamp intact n/s smashed (or might be the other way round. Intercooler there, oil cooler but rusty, throttle cable stretched on the limit, bonnet struts gone, wipers gone, door seals damaged, badges gone

so not a lot left I'm afraid...

It's been useful for me for the silly things like missing injector and electrical connector clips etc...bits you cannot usually find easily....

Most annoying thing is the ICV looks newish but some monkey has smashed the end off it!

Re: I love Breakers - 14/10/2010 21:35

Aha...so you got there first!! I don't suppose you found a decent throttle cable?? wink
Posted By: ikon

Re: I love Breakers - 17/10/2010 20:27

afraid not..... but i dont think i was the first. however i did take the cam cover smile i noticed the icv had been butchered too. which reminds me i still need to cleen mine.

Re: I love Breakers - 17/10/2010 20:30

Ah....just cleaned mine smile

Re: I love Breakers - 17/10/2010 21:26

That has been there for a couple of months at least now, as someone else has said there was two next to each other at one point.

Shame one wasnt a 16VT for me really!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK