Fiat Coupe Club UK

A skyline, a supra and a coupe

Posted By: Anonymous

A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 03/06/2006 22:49

Ive now owned all 3 cars, with me currently owning the coupe 20v t, and i have to say im a little bit disapointed with the coupe, both the coupe and my skyline (r33) hit 100 in 14 seconds and the supra was a little bit quicker, but out of all three cars after 100 mph the coupe is by far the slowest, i thought it would ahve matched the liner gtst up until there top speeds but it does not in standard guise, but please dont slate me, i love the coupe it gts me looks, people always comment on it, awsome accelration for a 2.0, i suppose i downgraded speed wise when i got the coupe, but i also upgraded in a few ways i.e looks of the car as its 9 years old and people think it is new.

Has anyone else ever found this.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 03/06/2006 23:06

Well I was watching your video of trying to max. your astra coupe, and I have to say I was thinking "damn that's slow" I would have hit 140+ by the time you were just coming up to 130.
My coupe is absolutely savage from 100 onwards, I've never had a car that accelerates so fast from high speeds.

Time to get yours on a rolling road if you haven't already...

Edit - also yours is standard? mine isn't. But mine's only lightly modded.

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 03/06/2006 23:30

Yes i agree the astra coupe turbo is no match for the coupe and i know my coupe is standard so i expect a lot of the coupes which arnt standard on here will muller a standard r33 gtst
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 04/06/2006 00:25

If I were you I'd get her rolling roaded and see if there's anything amiss, if not Stick a G-Tech 1 and boost gauge on your coupe and see if that helps things

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 05/06/2006 00:45

Funny you should post this - as I was shopping, I was thinking between the GTS-T and a Supra, but decided I couldn't keep up with the overheads on Kappa and Burberry so decided on the Italian Stallion instead.
I still see them about and wonder what they would have been like, but I must say I've never looked back since I got mine. I would naturally be impressed as my other car's a Primera, but she's got a GTech1 chip, new front mounted intercooler, Pipecraft exhaust etc so I'm pleased to hear you say I'd kick the Skyline's ass!
Haven't found anyone up for playing thus far unfortunately, but did get 140 out of her the other day with a bit of clear road. She had loads left in her and I only slowed for traffic. She's got FK Highsports Coilovers too, and felt solid as a rock.
Unlike my girlfriend's 156 when I took it to 130, which felt rather light and airy on the old asphalt...
Posted By: Trappy

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 05/06/2006 16:41

Check here for comparison
Coop vs Arch enemy
and here for confirmation
Skyline forum

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 05/06/2006 21:27

of course those others will be quicker past 100mph, more power and of course a bigger engine! DER!

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 06/06/2006 14:56

But how often do you go much over 100?

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 06/06/2006 20:50

Quote:

ahem...

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 07/06/2006 02:31

Quote:

Quote:

ahem...

only when the days in the week end with a "y"

i miss the adventures of trappy, when's the car gonna be fixed?

Re: A skyline, a supra and a coupe - 07/06/2006 14:08

Gotta get onto Rog today to book it in
sadly it'll be going soon though Getting too expensive and i'm thinking of going sensible for a few months/ years( )
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK