Fiat Coupe Club UK

Thought I'd introduce myself.

Posted By: dndavies

Thought I'd introduce myself. - 10/02/2011 21:22

I'd bought my Coupe about 18 months ago now and used this forum to find it also. It was bought from Jacob, a forum member who lives in near Milford Haven, west Wales. Some of you must know him! Anyway here it is the day I bought it after a good bath! laugh

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

But anyway, that was 18 months ago. A lot has happened since then and something that has always bugged me was looking back at my car after parking it and seeing all those parking dents. The final straw came when driving one day and seeing through the mirror the drivers side side skirt hanging off whilst driving on the motorway! grr

I decided to have it resrayed, but will post some pictures tomorrow about that along with a few other things which have kept me busy over the past year and a half.

Anyway hi all and I look forward to contributing a bit more to this very helpful forum! smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 10/02/2011 21:38

hello there!

Welcome to the forum!

nice looking coupe tongue
Posted By: ikon

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 10/02/2011 21:47

hello and welcome.

looking forward to seeing the respray pictures smile

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 10/02/2011 22:40

Hi and welcome.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 10/02/2011 23:26

oooo ooo looks luvverly in those old pictures. Can't wait to see the new ones smile
Posted By: evo_number_one

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 10/02/2011 23:28

Welcome aboard!

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 10/02/2011 23:59

Very nice. They look so good in that colour.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 00:36

Hi and welcome smile
Posted By: mayzon

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 00:41

I must say that looks nice, even with dents tongue

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 03:18

Hi, welcome and what a great looking car thumb

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 06:56

Looking good thumb

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 08:18

Judging from the background it looks like you've got a nice collection of interesting cars (gotta love green Corsas :-p ), and the Coop sits nicely, looks really nice.

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 08:25

nar, it's the 3cx jcb tha does it - heritage and class hehe. No, seriously mate, that coop looks well, can't wait to see new piccies.
Posted By: dndavies

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 18:09

Thanks for all the comments guys, here are some of the pics during the prep work for the Coupe:

Before any prep work, just went round the car marking all the dinks and dents with a pencil. You can just see all the circles on the car, espically round the doors and yes I know there is a huge amount of dents! biglaugh
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Then off came all the body work for prep:

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

In total I pulled the front and back bumopers off, the LE side skirts came off and the front quarters bits(inbetween the doors and the front bumber). After doing this I noticed that there were a few rusty parts around where the engine sits, so I got the drill with a wire bush in it and went at it. In certain places I had to fabricate some the metal from start... Being the part of the slam panel which connected the floor cover onto the car.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

They came out pretty good and even better I can drive along without worrying about the cover falling off as I drive!!:D Oh and I refrubished the horns and gave the rocker cover a spray also:

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Just need the sand the Fiat 20vt writing back now and complete. Will posty a few more things tomorrow, I got the night shift in a couple of hours! frown
Posted By: X19_pilot

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself. - 11/02/2011 18:30

Hi and welcome! smile

Looking good! What paint have you used on the rocker cover?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK