Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anywhere Else

Posted By: Anonymous

Anywhere Else - 30/01/2006 19:45

Coupe spotting area
Posted By: growlingbear

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/02/2006 08:06

Anyone for Rockall?? Outer Hebrides? Scunthorpe?

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/04/2006 05:20

Does this include North Buckinghamshire & Oxon?

I have looked through all the other regions and living on the border of these two I feel a misfit!

I don't think I am in Greater London and The South East, South West and South Central regions all seem to cover the area South of London/M4

East and West Midland is definitely well north of me.
Posted By: cjh

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/04/2006 05:24

Near uranus?

Arent they BMW 3 series drivers though?

Re: Anywhere Else - 16/04/2006 01:33

Green S reg 20vt with tan leather in the carpark at the antiques fair at Hatherop Castle School Oxon at around 1pm today...would have left a fccuk card but had none as ever

Re: Anywhere Else - 18/04/2006 03:22

about 12 o'clock on the 17/04/06 a dark blue 20vt with tan interior pulled out infront of me in bicester going towards the A34. overtook you on the dual carriageway and you turned off towards kidlington.
must say you looked

Re: Anywhere Else - 19/04/2006 04:08

Burgendy 20V na in jersey on davids place. Over here on a busmens holiday!
Posted By: AndrewR

Re: Anywhere Else - 21/04/2006 21:18

On my journey to Milton Keynes this week I seed ...

1. A murple coop on Tuesday afternoon on the A1 around abou t the Scotch Corner area.

2. A yellow coop, also on Tuesday afternoon, a bit further South on the A1.

3. On Wednesday morning (or possibly Thursday), a yellow coop close to the centre of Milton Keynes.

4. No other coupés.

That is all.

Re: Anywhere Else - 13/05/2006 19:53

Saw a good few coops at icerbergs yesterday, black one outside W reg, a red and a green one inside and another one that i cant recall color of

Re: Anywhere Else - 18/05/2006 15:34

News at 10 last night, background of a report.

Re: Anywhere Else - 26/05/2006 22:01

In the film Final Cut by Dominic Anciano & Ray Burdis*

I didn't notice the first time I watched it a few years ago, but right near the end, when Ray gets caught by the police, there's a silver 20VT in shot and filling most of the screen for most of the scene. I wouldn't normally point it out but it was such a lengthy and prominent exposure of the car we all love.

I love that film - brilliantly directed.

*ie. not the more recent Robin Williams excuse (not that I've seen it - I tend to steer well clear of films with him in purely because I once had to sit through the whole of Mrs Doubtfire)

Re: Anywhere Else - 02/06/2006 16:06

Silver 20vT on the Caversfield bypass in Bicester today at approx 1030 am. Got a wave, but I noticed you a bit too late, but did put up a belated wave!! LeeMcC, was that you?

Re: Anywhere Else - 02/06/2006 23:46

just been on a week's holiday to Minorca - saw a yellow Coupe in Ferreries...

On returning my hire car (a Fiat Punto) I got into a discussion with the bloke who manages the office there - transpires that he also used to have a coupe, until it got written off when somebody pulled out in front of him. He went all the way to Barcelona to buy it , and loved it every minute! Expecially in the winter - when there are no tourists, and (albeit few!) miles of straight road with no speed limits nor much in the way of police!

Apparently I saw the only one on the island (his was the second).

Simon.

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/06/2006 17:57

Just got back from Venice. When we arrived at Treviso airport I commented to the GF 'I wonder if we will see any coupes?'

Sure enough 2 mins from the airport a red (looked like a 16v non turbo) drove past us.....

And there must be about 5 fiat garages on the way too. Nou coupes on the forecourt though.

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/06/2006 23:57

Quote:

Silver 20vT on the Caversfield bypass in Bicester today at approx 1030 am. Got a wave, but I noticed you a bit too late, but did put up a belated wave!! LeeMcC, was that you?

yes mate that was me.nice clean lookin coupe you got there. glad its back on the road again. see your brother out in town the other night aswell. i need to chat to him about a chip and maybe boost controller.
catch you around sometime mate.

Re: Anywhere Else - 04/06/2006 06:06

Lee, thought it was you! Finally back and running after all the problems I've had!

If you drop me a PM with a list of exactly what you are after, I will have a chat with him to see what price he can do for you.

Cheers

Mark.

Re: Anywhere Else - 05/06/2006 22:56

Vinci grey LE (with a bit of gash up front) parked in Aberystwyth town centre last Wednesday and a Portofino heading into Newtown (from Welshpool direction) yesterday
Posted By: Liquid

Re: Anywhere Else - 08/06/2006 03:59

Max and Paddys Road to Nowhere! lol...sorry......its the episode where they pinch the school bus......its where Max is followin his ex and son and jus before son gets on bus....drives past very quickly in background...silver I think....and late model...! So sad I know......

Re: Anywhere Else - 11/06/2006 21:35

Spotted a red S reg copue on tv on friday night It was on the programme about the isle of wight festival !
The car was the last car driving into the site.

Any one on here with a car like that go to the festival ?

Re: Anywhere Else - 16/07/2006 19:36

Broom yellow heading north up A34 just south of Abingdon about half one yesterday lunchtime?

Re: Anywhere Else - 10/08/2006 20:40

I watched a documentary on BBC3 called 'The Story of Common People' - the biggest hit for Britpop band Pulp.

During a scene where the band are reunited in the Sheffield rehearsal rooms where they originally practised the song, and Jarvis Cocker is waiting for a couple of the ex-band members to turn up; I noticed a familiar dashboard in the interior shot of guitarist Russell Senior arriving in the car park.

Yes - he was driving a silver/grey Coupe! This was confirmed in the external shots of the car, but I couldn't tell which model (I'll look out for any repeats). I suspect it was a Turb, maybe even an LE, as it was on a late 90s plate (I think). So that's where his cut of the money went - well done that man!! Cracking song too .....

Re: Anywhere Else - 14/08/2006 18:11

Coming out of Silverstone circuit - following the GP Masters event - saw a Lilac metallic (Portofino blue?) 20V Turbo on a P plate being driven by a guy with glasses in the queue to go on the A43 - it went North, we turned off towards Brackley.

My coupe was at my mate's, as we were in his new Fiesta ST - so acknolwedgement was not an option! Nice unmolested model sir - but could do with a wash

Re: Anywhere Else - 30/08/2006 00:07

Quote:

Does this include North Buckinghamshire & Oxon?

I saw my car's Evil Twin on the way back from work at about 17:40ish. A yellow 'T' reg coupe driving very carefully past the speed camera in Tiddington heading towards Thame, while I was going in the opposite direction. Is this you?
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Anywhere Else - 30/08/2006 00:57

Quote:

Spotted a red S reg copue on tv on friday night It was on the programme about the isle of wight festival !
The car was the last car driving into the site.

Any one on here with a car like that go to the festival ?

Might have been Jimi

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/09/2006 01:55

Friday afternoon (1st), while waiting in a queue outside Banbury (heading towards Bloxham/Chipping Norton) - an R plated grey metallic coupe passing in the opposite direction. Being driven by an older gentleman - no acknowledgement even though I was in my red Coupe - perhaps he didn't see me. Perhaps he should be driving a Marea Weekend instead ....
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Anywhere Else - 02/01/2007 05:07

On TV this morning. A program called 'To buy ot not to buy' a couple were looking to buy a property in Bude (cornwal?) and a mettalic red/maroon coop drove down the high street

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/01/2007 02:45

Yes, Bude is in Cornwall. Everybody has a coop there

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/01/2007 02:57

Like the whole population? Including Chin's?

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/01/2007 05:51

My father lives in Cornwall, he tells me he sees Coops all the time - "common as muck down this way". This may be a lie. Chin's are allowed to drive in Cornwall too, but only if they pass a test, and can see over the steering wheel. They also, only drive Coops, as all Chin's have ace taste in cars.

Re: Anywhere Else - 22/01/2007 22:30

Quite an odd one which I guess nobody will own up to:

I was in Marseille just before Christmas with work and was stuck in traffic by the toll gates going into the tunnel that runs under the city.

Anyway, a silver coop, really bashed up, being driven by a very gallic looking bloke...

Anyone on here? ;-)

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/02/2007 05:42

Green one on Sarah Beeny's DIY show on telly this evening. Just saw the nearside rear whilst changing channels!
Posted By: Richard24

Re: Anywhere Else - 10/02/2007 03:09

Might have been me, hope not i'm 25 not really a older gentleman.
Yellow 20vt: i've spotted on the dc around Brackley, flashed me i flashed my hazards. Also seen it around Banbury.
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/03/2007 01:07

Saw a steel grey coop just like mine on the drive up from Lincoln this morning. Can't remember where but think it was somewhere on the A1

Cheers for the wave ;\)

Re: Anywhere Else - 19/03/2007 00:53

Originally Posted By: Richard24
Might have been me, hope not i'm 25 not really a older gentleman.

No defo not you mate - this guy was in his 50's at least! \:\)

I saw a nice Sprint Blue with a K reg private number & kit parked in a village called Thornwell(?) in the peak district between Sheffield & Manchester.

Re: Anywhere Else - 20/05/2007 00:08

saw a nice porto 20vt and a red 20vt which i pretty much went home with up in japfest today!
Posted By: simonj

Re: Anywhere Else - 31/05/2007 18:10

Originally Posted By: CoupeNewbie
Green one on Sarah Beeny's DIY show on telly this evening. Just saw the nearside rear whilst changing channels!

Beeny must have a thing about Coupes - there was a silver one parked up outside the house in Greenwich the two blokes were doing up on Property Ladder last night.

Re: Anywhere Else - 02/06/2007 14:09

is this anyone's on here? spotted opposite the doctors in Port Erin, Isle of Man:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/bazzasmithkins/DSC00161.jpg

Re: Anywhere Else - 10/09/2007 13:57

Go on - whose was it - a tastey looking Porto with zender front bumper on the telly last night - a full 3/4 front shot (I believe it was from filming early in the year)

Re: Anywhere Else - 17/09/2007 15:28

Rhodes, Greece - Silver/Grey 16v NA parked opposite the Marina Gate into Rhodes Old Town two weeks ago, also a red one (not sure on valves etc) driving in the same area.

I was on holiday so on foot - might hire a Fiat Panda next year and brave the mad greek drivers.

Re: Anywhere Else - 21/09/2007 16:27

Sicily Milazzo - Blitz Blue 16v (t?)- hope you have air-con ;), why is England sooo cold \:\(

Love the driving style in Sicily though
Posted By: BrumJim

Re: Anywhere Else - 21/09/2007 16:34

I saw a green one in Sicily when I was there, but nearer the other end of the island. Got to Stromboli yet?

Re: Anywhere Else - 30/10/2007 17:26

Poland, heading south on A4 near Balice (Krakow) aiport. Yellow with boot spoiler and black steel wheels.
Posted By: Guzbod

Re: Anywhere Else - 07/11/2007 22:46

I was gobsmacked today I saw a moon grey coupe in my village. I think the guy lives in Chateaulin as it had a 29 reg. I think that there are about 5 coupes in Finistere!

Re: Anywhere Else - 15/05/2008 15:03

which area does hereford come under?

Re: Anywhere Else - 16/05/2008 22:25

West Midlands
Posted By: Robin_Banks

Re: Anywhere Else - 20/05/2008 21:28

Spotted a 16v N/A today just up the road from Guardamar in Spain.

I wanted to take more pictures, but it shortly left. Nice to see another Coupe in another country though - first time.

I said to the missus on the way out to Spain, "I wonder if we'll see any Coupe's?" On our first day and first drive out in our lovely 207 diesel, sporting a horrible snot green colour (BLUUUURRRGGHHH!!!!) we spotted this...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f174/robin_banks/DSCF3283.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f174/robin_banks/DSCF3285.jpg

Re: Anywhere Else - 25/05/2008 22:00

Spotted a black coop in Shanklin on the Isle of White. Bloody good driving roads there.
Dave

Re: Anywhere Else - 27/05/2008 22:36

Just arrived in Budapest, going to meet a mate with an Alfa GTV, and what do I see, a broken down Coupe in the middle of a road. Unfortunately, my mate had just seen it on his way to meet me, you can imagine the pi$$-taking that followed.....

Re: Anywhere Else - 24/07/2008 20:19

Spotted a yellow 20vt at santa pola in spain. only coupe spotted in Spain while i was on hoilday. looked very clean i must say.

Re: Anywhere Else - 11/08/2008 12:53

Just saw a silver coop 16v NA I think in the centre of Bucharest! \:\)

Re: Anywhere Else - 11/08/2008 17:25

Spotted a yellow coupe parked at Aupark in Bratislava, Slovakia

Re: Anywhere Else - 27/08/2008 20:16

Apparently, there was a Burgundy Coupe on the P&O Ferry from Calais to Dover on Saturday night. (Around 5.30 sailing)

It was a W reg. I didn't spot it personally, but some other people we were with on the boat saw it as they were leaving.

Anyone?

Re: Anywhere Else - 04/09/2008 08:14

Just drove past a parked up yellow Coupe in West Fores, near Stavanger \:\)

Re: Anywhere Else - 16/09/2008 09:23

Was watching something on TV about Bruno Senna and there was a silver coupe in the background at the factory where his team is based.

Re: Anywhere Else - 17/09/2008 19:04

Bonjour

Silver 16V in Golfe Juan, South of France on 11 September

Re: Anywhere Else - 13/10/2008 19:16

Florence,Italy - burgundy coupe 20V? badly scratched bonnet.

Rome - 20V non standard red (looked a kind of scarlet metalic) and a murple.

Only other coupe (apart from mine) I've ever seen on various trips to Italy was a bugundy in the small village of Cencenighe in the dolomites a couple of years ago.
Posted By: MrCooper

Re: Anywhere Else - 22/10/2008 21:39

Scroll down.....
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/show-n-shine-focus-st170/info_19.html
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: Anywhere Else - 23/10/2008 08:39

Dark blue 16v with non-standard alloys in the French quarter of Marrakesh on Monday morning. Was the only one I saw in a week in Morocco.
Posted By: F927UBS

Re: Anywhere Else - 12/11/2008 08:04

Nice 20v Turbo in red, Spotted in Macau city centre. Waved at owner, but I think he was a little too busy watching the traffic. So far the only couple i've seen.

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/02/2009 16:48

Weird blue/green coupe on the coast road in Genoa yesterday!
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Anywhere Else - 23/04/2009 11:57

Black one in Budapest at around 16:15 yesterday, XHU 854 or something similar. Surprisingly few Fiats in Hungary!

Re: Anywhere Else - 11/09/2009 16:29

Had my coupe for a month and not seen another until yesterday when I saw 2, one in the long stay car park at gatwick airport and the other was a red one with brit plates just outside Nissaki in Corfu yesterday morning

Re: Anywhere Else - 20/09/2009 19:19

W reg Moon grey, Rockingham car park. You were about 2 rows forward and 3 to the right of me!

Re: Anywhere Else - 30/09/2009 20:15

On telly at half time of football. Yellow 20vt on the psp advert for a racing game (didnt notice which one wink GT PSP perhaps)
Posted By: Guzbod

Re: Anywhere Else - 04/10/2009 13:18

Yellow coupe being undertaken on Police, Camera, Action last night!

Re: Anywhere Else - 16/06/2010 19:59

Spotted a red coupe outside a church in Brussels on the 12th June. It was bodykitted to look like a Ferrari smile.

Re: Anywhere Else - 24/10/2010 17:17

Was not sure where to post this as Oxfordshire does not seem to be covered but does anyone here own the Yellow early 16VT that was in the multi-story at Bicester Village last Thursday?

Re: Anywhere Else - 16/11/2010 20:47

There was a silver coupe in the background of the chris moyles show last night on channel 4:

S*** AKP with standard bumpers

Re: Anywhere Else - 30/11/2010 21:43

Red coupe on lemington spa think on wed last week at half 4 drove past the landrove jaguar accademy not sure what model had aftermarket wheels on looked nice

Re: Anywhere Else - 07/07/2011 20:39

My dad was on the Nurburgring on Tuesday a past a steel gray coupe pulled over on the side of the track.... Hope everything was ok!!
Posted By: djjd05

Re: Anywhere Else - 07/07/2011 21:57

New coupe in silverstone. Blue - looks like a 20vt through the trees. In the new housing estate on the A413. Near Kinglsey road.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Anywhere Else - 11/07/2011 16:50

An inky in Noto, Sicily last week with odd amber triangular flashes on the panels behind the front wheels. Couldn't stop and inspect as it was tight on a corner in a narrow street and anyway it would have been SUICIDAL, they are crazy, crazy drivers laugh Makes us look like Stepford Drivers....

Saw a moonie as well, so two more than I spotted last year - O.

Re: Anywhere Else - 08/04/2012 15:29

Silver 16V in need of some desperate tlc in Nation area of paris...

click to enlarge

Re: Anywhere Else - 04/06/2012 10:08

Wine Red 20v, Marmaris Turkey. Looked very clean and tidy.

Re: Anywhere Else - 10/06/2012 11:28

Yay! Yellow 16vt in Abu Dhabi, could be the same yellow one I've seen here before (years ago) but this has Dubai plates (sorry for rubbish pics, taken from taxi as we turned the corner)
click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: Anywhere Else - 19/06/2012 19:15

My mom spotted a silver coupe whilst on holiday in Bulgaria.

Re: Anywhere Else - 22/08/2012 21:54

A friend Just posted some pictures on Facebook from today at donnington race track. Can Just see in the distance that looks to be coupe. Anyone on here?

Looks like a blue plus.

Re: Anywhere Else - 23/08/2012 17:17

Was my Blue one at Oulton park?

Re: Anywhere Else - 23/08/2012 17:46

Think it was ninja. He was on about going Oh n the track day section?

Re: Anywhere Else - 27/09/2012 11:53

Yellow 16v N560 --- coming out of a car park in a feature on Rip off Britain this morning.
Posted By: charlie_croker

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/11/2012 10:26

Not more than 10 minutes ago I saw a pristine broom yellow coupe between the T-Comm and Dubai Mall (going towards Deira), if you're the driver, it looks beautiful with the sun gleaming and stood out among the 3 Audi R8/R10s on the same road.

Btw you showed us a clean pair of heels and we were trying smile
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/11/2012 10:49

There is only one Custard - and it wasn't me!

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/11/2012 11:19

It could have been this one that I've seen "living" in Abu Dhabi click to enlarge as reported in the Coupe Spotting - Anywhere Else thread which is where this post should be tongue wink
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/11/2012 11:49

Which indeed it now is thumb
Posted By: charlie_croker

Re: Anywhere Else - 06/11/2012 12:39

I managed to snap a quick pic on iPhone will post it later, second coupe I have seen in Dubai smile they still look good among the camrys and exotica you see here smile

Re: Anywhere Else - 07/11/2012 17:51

Spotted a P reg red coupe on the Isle of Wight today.

Re: Anywhere Else - 25/01/2014 07:57

Red 20v Coupé spotted in China shocked
Beijing
Posted By: H_R

Re: Anywhere Else - 13/09/2014 18:37

When stock piling our wine stocks saw a Green coupe with bikes on the back in France eurotunnel lane with gb plates and on the eurotunnel train probably below me somewhere!
Bon voyage!
Posted By: Ali_and_Marvin

Re: Anywhere Else - 09/05/2015 16:38

Don't blink but my coupe (Marvin) can be spotted a few times at Morgan in this episode of PHTV laugh
(plus embarrassing close up of me taking a photo)

PHTV Episode 10
Posted By: wink

Re: Anywhere Else - 29/09/2018 19:15

Martina Franca, Puglia: Red 16v NA. Looked in good condition.
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Anywhere Else - 03/10/2018 14:46

Spotted silver turbo on TV. Blur documentary on BBC 4, on iPlayer now. Good program too.

Re: Anywhere Else - 31/03/2019 19:01

This was spotted by my eagle-eyed lad in a huge Dubai industrial estate last month...couldn't resist the trek out to see it this last Wednesday during our week there - but oh dear, what a neglected specimen

Pics added
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Anywhere Else - 16/09/2020 14:21

Red 16v Turbo spotted parked up in Agua Amarga (near Almeria / Mojcar, Spain)

Re: Anywhere Else - 14/11/2022 12:45

I haven't spotted any as I've not been there yet laugh

But does anyone know of a coupé in Palermo, Sicily?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Anywhere Else - 15/11/2022 10:13

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
I haven't spotted any as I've not been there yet laugh

But does anyone know of a coupé in Palermo, Sicily?

I spotted a Wine Red 16v n/a in Palermo earlier this year, and 2x 20vt's further south, one was in a dealers for 20k euros.

Re: Anywhere Else - 15/11/2022 10:43

shocked

Brilliant, I'll dust off my anorak laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK