Fiat Coupe Club UK

Performance Car Jan 97 article

Posted By: skinflint

Performance Car Jan 97 article - 04/02/2012 09:50

This mag also has the train driver ad on a double spread inside the front cover.

click to enlarge
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Performance Car Jan 97 article - 04/02/2012 10:00

I remember that article well, the other one which sold the coupe to me back in 1998 was the Fiat Coupe vs Honda Integra Type R, at the time I had my heart and savings set on an Integra, I had always liked the Coupe but the Integra was the one for me....until I read that article!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Performance Car Jan 97 article - 04/02/2012 10:01

Lump of repmobile porridge biglaugh
Posted By: skinflint

Re: Performance Car Jan 97 article - 04/02/2012 18:29

I just read the rest of the article. It was a big group test but having said it had a quattro-esque warble, tarmac ripping torque steer free steering, and stunning looks, they said it was a bit "ordinary down below" and wooden in corners reckoning the 16v is a better handler rolleyes .
Posted By: Tommy_Coop23

Re: Performance Car Jan 97 article - 06/02/2012 13:57

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
I remember that article well, the other one which sold the coupe to me back in 1998 was the Fiat Coupe vs Honda Integra Type R, at the time I had my heart and savings set on an Integra, I had always liked the Coupe but the Integra was the one for me....until I read that article!!

Supposed to be one of the best *handling front wheel-drive cars ever made but the styling, straight line performance and interior can't hold a candle to the classy coupe cloud9 cloud9
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Performance Car Jan 97 article - 07/02/2012 21:40

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
, I had always liked the Coupe but the Integra was the one for me....until I read that article!!

I remember that one, A quote from it sticks in my head - "The Integra driver can only watch as the Coupé sails past into the horizon on a gail of turbocharged power" cool

Here's another bonus article, as a thank you for taking the time to check out this thread thumb

click to enlarge
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Performance Car Jan 97 article - 17/02/2012 07:04

I'd not seen that Complete Car article, interesting comparison. Nice of them to credit Pininfarina with the external styling and not Bangle.

Many magazines don't know their onions. frown

Trouble is kids out there devour magazines and take everything they read there and online as gospel.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK